RAF Badge or Insignia

This Section is opened to all the subjects (even if they aren’t about World War II) and all other things like sales or auctions.
David Medland
Corporal
Corporal

RAF Badge or Insignia

Post by David Medland »

Can anyone help with below

I can't find anything anywhere.

RAF Armourers Badge Or Insignia

I have looked everywhere for a badge or insignia see below :R.A.F Armourers 1939-1940 Badge or Insignia.

I have been looking for a picture ( or photograph ) of a badge or insignia for R.A.F Armourers 1939-1940.

My wifes uncle was with Number 4 Base Ammunition Depot, Rennes, France 1940.

Thanks.
David
Dave_Richardson
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Re: RAF Badge or Insignia

Post by Dave_Richardson »

Hi David
This might be a candidate:

It's described on the traders website as a "Armourer / Artificer / Fitter Trade Arm Badge"

and there is a posting on the British and Commonwealth Military Badge Forum which suggests that "it is the WW1 and WW2 Artificers trade badge, used in WW1 and WW2 by the Army and Navy (the Navy had cloth versions) and in WW2 up to the early 1950's by the RAF as the Armourers badge, all three services still use this badge but in cloth, still worn on the right forearm."

I'm no expert but I hope this helps

Dave
David Medland
Corporal
Corporal

Re: RAF Badge or Insignia

Post by David Medland »

Dave_Richardson wrote:Hi David
This might be a candidate:

It's described on the traders website as a "Armourer / Artificer / Fitter Trade Arm Badge"

and there is a posting on the British and Commonwealth Military Badge Forum which suggests that "it is the WW1 and WW2 Artificers trade badge, used in WW1 and WW2 by the Army and Navy (the Navy had cloth versions) and in WW2 up to the early 1950's by the RAF as the Armourers badge, all three services still use this badge but in cloth, still worn on the right forearm."

I'm no expert but I hope this helps

Dave
Hi Dave,

Thats brilliant.

Will see if it needs verifying.

Thanks.

Regards,

David.
David