UK visit summer 2013

This Section is opened to all the subjects (even if they aren’t about World War II) and all other things like sales or auctions.
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Re: UK visit summer 2013

Post by K4KittyCrew »

ME739 wrote:Max,
Ahh well I was just keeping that a little quiet for now but now that you mention it, things are going to get even better :lol: :lol: :lol:
I've never been a jealous type but I've just started!
Kitty
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"
ME739
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by ME739 »

Hi JP,
Thats why i was keeping quiet.... :D

Cant remember details for my PB acc or I could U/L Some photos :cry:
"There's No Future In It" by C.Wade Rodgers ex RAAF - 630 Sqn
17 OTU Silverstone, 1654 HCU Wigsley (Stirlings), 5 LFS Syerston
ME739
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by ME739 »

Well the UK part of the trip is well and truly over. BUT I have been out to CWHM for a reccie and things are looking good there I can tell you. Tomorrow is the big day, I take to the sky in VRA if this rain doesnt slow things down that is..... :o

Watch this space !
PAFG
Group Captain
Group Captain

Post by PAFG »

Hope the weather clears Neale - what a fantastic opportunity! Hope you have lots of photos to post :D
ME453
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

Post by ME453 »

We're watching Neale, we're watching!
www.ordinarycrew.co.uk
Dedicated to the crew of Lancaster ME453 467 squadron
ME739
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by ME739 »

WOW,
I came, I saw, I soared.
What can I say. Outstanding, Awesome, Incredible, terrifying, uplifting, and humbling and so much more.

50+ minutes in the air with incredibly smooth lift off and touchdown with a reasonable Northwesterly blowing and perfectly clear skies after the rain the night before, left the sky super clear and bright for wonderful views as we looped around Niagra Falls at 3500ft above the sightseeing choppers there then out across the lake descending to around 2000 or a little less heading directly at the CN Tower in Toronto to circle the tower slightly below its peak and low enough over the city to see all the detail of the tops of the buildings. The sharp banked turns were thrilling in their own right, then along the coast of the lake and back over the Hamilton airport again before doing a turn back into the wind for landing.
The old girl did herself proud.

After the initial buzz and the clicking of shutters, while still in the belly of the beast I put my camera away, took off the supplied earmuffs and sat with my eyes closed for 5 and pondered those thoughts that may have gone through the minds of so many a young lad all those years ago, a truly humbling experience and one not soon forgotten.
Lest We Forget.

Neale

Hope these links work, otherwise you better fix them Kitty !!
kookabat
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

Post by kookabat »

Too special, Neale, well done.
Remembering the crew of 467 Sqn Lancaster LM475 PO-B Jan-May 1944
www.somethingverybig.com
AlanW
Air Commodore
Air Commodore

Post by AlanW »

Some years ago, i found myself having a surprise "walk-through" of the BBMF Lancaster, at Culdrose Air Day, which was secretly arranged by my son. Initial exitement, like yourself, turned into deep thoughts of what it must have been like during operations over Europe. Words cannot express, how envious i am, for your flight, as it must have been a truly unforgetable occasion. Thanks for posting the photo's of your flight.
Alan.
There is no paralell in warfare, to such courage and determination in the face of danger, over so long a period. Such devotion, should never be forgotten.
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Post by K4KittyCrew »

Absolutely great stuff, Neale ...................... Certainly wish I could of traded places with you but so glad you enjoyed it. Well done, buddy.
John
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"
ME739
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by ME739 »

Sitting at Toronto airport in the first of the waits, wifi lousy, will post more photos when I can get some decent connection.
Video will have to wait till i get home as the pad (brand not mentioned) wont import it from my camera....m :cry:

I still cant get the smile off my face... What will customs think :lol: :lol: :lol:

I did say to the crew at the time, that unlike the war, there are now more pilots than aircraft !!
Six regulars and another half dozen who take here out for a spin occasionally. What a "job" .