UK visit summer 2013

This Section is opened to all the subjects (even if they aren’t about World War II) and all other things like sales or auctions.
GuyMassey
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

Re: UK visit summer 2013

Post by GuyMassey »

Just love the last picture! The nearest that I have managed to get to that position was inside the rear fuselage of the Lanc at Duxford a few years ago... they left the door open and no-one was about.... much too tempting!!! My dad's stirling of course had 4 x 303s.... now where can I find one of those to sit in? Answers on a postcard please! :D
"The purpose of life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave with a well-preserved body, but rather to Slide in Sideways, completely used up, yelling and screaming, what a ride!" anon.
GuyMassey
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

Post by GuyMassey »

Just found the photos from that day, That rear spar was quite an obstacle. and have realised that that Lanc had 4 x 303s. Memory is a strange thing! Now to get permission to sit in it!!! :D
Attachments
IMG_1942.jpg
IMG_1942.jpg (80.26 KiB) Viewed 2990 times
IMG_1944.jpg
IMG_1944.jpg (67.09 KiB) Viewed 2990 times
"The purpose of life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave with a well-preserved body, but rather to Slide in Sideways, completely used up, yelling and screaming, what a ride!" anon.
PAFG
Group Captain
Group Captain

Post by PAFG »

Great photos Neale - the glints of light on the Lanc (with the Tornado) bring it to life.

Thanks for posting,

Richard
ME739
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by ME739 »

Those photos look like the old hangar at Duxford, I just loved the old timber "lattice" on the roof and the timber doors to the hangar.
When I was there for "Flying Legends" the Lanc was in the new building with EVERYTHING else, packed in so tight it was hard to photograph individual planes.

and another for John

"There's No Future In It" by C.Wade Rodgers ex RAAF - 630 Sqn
17 OTU Silverstone, 1654 HCU Wigsley (Stirlings), 5 LFS Syerston