MoD idiots ?

This Section is opened to all the subjects (even if they aren’t about World War II) and all other things like sales or auctions.
AlanW
Air Commodore
Air Commodore

MoD idiots ?

Post by AlanW »

I had an email yesterday, from an ex 50sqdn Air-Gunner, H.J. Flowers, who i know through my running of the 50/61sqdn forum. He has sent off two applications for the BC Clasp, and has been refused because the MoD say they have no record of his service ! :o , so he has asked me to supply him pages from the 50sqdn ORB as proof of his operations flown with them. What the hell is wrong with these people, surely he must show up somewhere in their files. Luckily enough, i found his posting in/out information, along with service number, and have added that to the pages for his ops. I just wonder, how many others will get the same treatment from the MOD. Bloody shambles :(
There is no paralell in warfare, to such courage and determination in the face of danger, over so long a period. Such devotion, should never be forgotten.
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Re: MoD idiots ?

Post by K4KittyCrew »

Unbelievable Alan, not to mention downright disgraceful for the treatment of Mr Flowers.
I'll bite my tongue and hold off making further comment about these bureaucratic imbeciles.
Cheers,
John
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"
ME453
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

Post by ME453 »

Dennis could write you a chapter or two on the MoD bureaucratic structure and its administrative incompetence and inflexibility but that's his story if he wishes to tell it.
www.ordinarycrew.co.uk
Dedicated to the crew of Lancaster ME453 467 squadron
AlanW
Air Commodore
Air Commodore

Post by AlanW »

Just had an email from H.J , and it's a victory to him, as the MOD have finally seen sense, and sent him his clasp.
There is no paralell in warfare, to such courage and determination in the face of danger, over so long a period. Such devotion, should never be forgotten.
MT606
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MT606 »

did he also get an apology for their incompetence?

Do you know if relatives of those that died on ops etc can also claim the clasp?

m
MT606

Post by MT606 »

blimey, I thought I'd posted on here before but that was my first post :shock:
ME453
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

Post by ME453 »

MT606 wrote:Do you know if relatives of those that died on ops etc can also claim the clasp?m
Most definitely they can.
Max
www.ordinarycrew.co.uk
halifax1
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Post by halifax1 »

I think Mr. Flowers experience was due to only a mild form of bureaucracy. It is more likely he was the victim of the "don't give a damn" culture. We live in a tick box society and if the first attempt reveals no record then that is that - the "computer" is supreme and there is no obligation to check. "I have done my job so no need to do anymore".

For example I did not receive my State Pension one month. I rang and asked why only to be told it was because I was living in Germany. "No I am not" I replied. There was then some "argument" that I must be because there records showed I was and had been for many years. So why then had they been paying my pension hitherto? It was a mistake and you will have to repay it! More discussion and I was transferred to a Supervisor who asked me if I was "sure" I was not living in Germany. Eventually it was resolved but I never found out why they considered I was living in Germany. No apology of course.
ME453
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

Post by ME453 »

You weren't sporting a small moustache and slicked over hair at the time were you, mein Fuehrer?
www.ordinarycrew.co.uk
halifax1
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Post by halifax1 »

Right - that is it - your name is now in the book and you will be rounded up when I take over. To try and escape is useless! Now off to play some Wagner.

PS How did your enquiries of Sheringham go?