TV documentary Battle Scarred

This Section is opened to all the subjects (even if they aren’t about World War II) and all other things like sales or auctions.
AlanW
Air Commodore
Air Commodore

TV documentary Battle Scarred

Post by AlanW »

Did any of the UK members see the Channel 5 documentary, Battle Scarred last night. It left me, at the end, with a couple of very "watery" eyes, i can tell you. All about John Hall DFC, an ex rear gunner. His best friend, was the navigator in his crew, went sick, with 2 more ops to go for their end of tour, but had to make up the two ops with another crew, and as fate would have it, was lost. The programme ends with John visiting the grave of his mate.........
http://www.channel5.com/shows/battle-sc ... diering-on
There is no paralell in warfare, to such courage and determination in the face of danger, over so long a period. Such devotion, should never be forgotten.
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Re: TV documentary Battle Scarred

Post by K4KittyCrew »

Many thanks Alan, I look forward to viewing it.
Cheers,
John
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"
AlanW
Air Commodore
Air Commodore

Post by AlanW »

Unfortunately, there are some annoying adverts before it starts, and during.........
There is no paralell in warfare, to such courage and determination in the face of danger, over so long a period. Such devotion, should never be forgotten.
AlanW
Air Commodore
Air Commodore

Post by AlanW »

F/Sgt James Hancock, was on board 106sqdn Lancaster W4367, one of four 106sqdn aircraft lost on the night of 25/26th June 43, to Gelsenkirchen.
MT606
Warrant Officer 2nd Class
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MT606 »

my gt uncles regular a/c before it was transfered over to 106.