End of an era

This Section is opened to all the subjects (even if they aren’t about World War II) and all other things like sales or auctions.
R5868
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

End of an era

Post by R5868 »

I'm pleased to say that as of today, after 41 years, I've hung up my chalk (now days white board marker) and entered the illustrious realm of the retired. :P Now I can spend a bit more time, if I'm allowed to, doing my research and updating my website. The collection of kits I haven't looked at might even get started.

I'm not making a totally clean break from teaching as the school wants me to do relief work for them and I'm continuing to take my sporting group each week until they can get someone else qualified to take over. Not too many teachers have rifle and pistol licences so I could be doing it for a long time.

Travel is on the horizon again with a possible trip through Canada and to the UK in 2015 with the possibility of Anzac Day at Waddington.
Kerry
http://www.anzacsons.com
150 and 467/463 Squadrons
AlanW
Air Commodore
Air Commodore

Re: End of an era

Post by AlanW »

Hope all goes well for you. I took early retirement in April 2010, looking forward to using my boat for fishing, a lot more than i could at work, but by July 2010, i was back to work again, albeit, as a school caretaker, 6hrs a day, as i found that i was still walking around looking for things to do, :(
There is no paralell in warfare, to such courage and determination in the face of danger, over so long a period. Such devotion, should never be forgotten.
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Post by K4KittyCrew »

Congratulations Kerry .............. I certainly do envy you!
I think I'll fall down before I can retire but that's life. Hope you get to do all those things you have planned for so long.
A word of caution though - stay away from that Max chap .......... I've heard he's trouble and could lead you astray.
Enjoy,
Cheers,
John
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"
Denonline
BC Veteran
BC Veteran

Post by Denonline »

Commander in Chief, Sir grovel grovel, I have just received a kick where it hurts from Max ;) ;)

I have been on extended leave but forget to submit my leave request.Believe that and you will believe anything :)

On the guestion of retirement, I took mine in 1980 and still wonder as to how I managed my full time employment, I seem to have been busier than ever. I admit to lots of travel and getting a nice tan, this because our kitchen sink faces south :)

Dennis
ME453
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

Post by ME453 »

Ah ha, the joys of retirement!! It includes being able to stay in bed a little longer and scan the pages of your favourite website to see who's posting.

Well done Kerry, good news all round, both your retirement and your possible trip next year. Forget what our C-in-C said, you know that I always walk the straight and narrow, unless sampling a few bottles is involved!

Like you Alan, I retired in 2010 and I've little idea where the four years have gone, but I know one thing for sure - they've been damn good fun!

Dennis, Sir, so pleased to see you back amongst your friends. I'm sure our C-in-C will make your punishment for going AWOL fairly light, perhaps just a couple of hours spud bashing? See you in a week or two old pal.

John, I know you're a hard worker but you will get to the retirement threshold - just make sure that you stay healthy enough to enjoy it!

Max
www.ordinarycrew.co.uk
Dedicated to the crew of Lancaster ME453 467 squadron
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Post by K4KittyCrew »

Seems like there's good news at every corner.
Dennis, the only charge I would like to bring to your attention is that you charge your glass and enjoy a toast. As mentioned, it is great to see you back.
Thanks Max & Kerry for the photo ................ no rain and some sunshine, could it have been taken here in Oz?
John
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"
PAFG
Group Captain
Group Captain

Post by PAFG »

I dream of retirement :roll:

Great photo Max - the woman with the big *rse just beyond you looks to be wearing a jumper like yours - and the blonde women on the left seems to have left her body at home ;)
R5868
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

Post by R5868 »

John, a Hunter Valley winery no less. Shelley was the designated driver for the day which meant she was driving when we hit Sydney peak hour traffic in the pouring rain. She wasn't happy.
Kerry
http://www.anzacsons.com
150 and 467/463 Squadrons
ME453
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

Post by ME453 »

But we were! :D
www.ordinarycrew.co.uk
Dedicated to the crew of Lancaster ME453 467 squadron
kookabat
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

Post by kookabat »

That would be the same pouring rain that drowned any thoughts of Tiger Mothing I seem to remember?? :D
Remembering the crew of 467 Sqn Lancaster LM475 PO-B Jan-May 1944
www.somethingverybig.com