photo text help for information?

This Section is opened to all the subjects (even if they aren’t about World War II) and all other things like sales or auctions.
roo13
Leading Aircraftman
Leading Aircraftman

photo text help for information?

Post by roo13 »

I hope that your group could maybe help with some research that I am doing. I work for a photographic company called Top Photo, who are currently gathering together pictures from World War II.

The picture quote is

'''Battle of Berlin'pilots.
A big present for Berlin. A member of the ground crew of 'U' for Uncle puts a last message, 'this is propaganda it's a proper bomb ', on a blockbuster on its way to Berlin on a Friday night raid.
28 November 1943''

All the picture shows is a bomb in bomb bay.

The only U for Uncles i have found are one that blew up after a bomb load from another aircraft was dropped occidentally while the aircraft were still on the ground in early 1943 , and another that joined its squadron in 1944.

I am hoping that you may be able to help me find both the aircraft ' ( which i believe to be a Lancaster) and the squadron??
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Re: photo text help for information?

Post by K4KittyCrew »

Thanks for your posts, 'roo13'

I'm sure the members will do some digging for you and come back with some details.
To say we have many photos here on the forum would be an understatement, so we will do our best for you.
Cheers,
John
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"
roo13
Leading Aircraftman
Leading Aircraftman

Re: photo text help for information?

Post by roo13 »

Much appreciated :D to you and the fantastic members.