Down in flames.... literally

This Section is opened to all the subjects (even if they aren’t about World War II) and all other things like sales or auctions.
AlanW
Air Commodore
Air Commodore

Down in flames.... literally

Post by AlanW »

Hi
Just to let you know that i will be missing in action for the foreseeable future. I am using someone elses laptop for this, as since Friday morning, i am no longer on the internet at home, owing to my house being on fire :o .I am still living there (sort of) but no power so no computer. All down to insurance now, so bye for now.
There is no paralell in warfare, to such courage and determination in the face of danger, over so long a period. Such devotion, should never be forgotten.
PAFG
Group Captain
Group Captain

Re: Down in flames.... literally

Post by PAFG »

Very sorry to hear that, Alan. I hope it's sorted quickly and with minimum fuss. Thoughts with you.
AlanW
Air Commodore
Air Commodore

Post by AlanW »

Back online temporarily thanks to my neighbour plugging in an extension lead from his house to mine. Wife staying with friends, youngest son staying with another of my son's, me and the dogs are roughing it with no essential sevices (apart from the extension lead) Good support from friends and neighbours, but reality is starting to kick in with a vengeance. Could have been worse. As Arnie say's....I'll be back :)
There is no paralell in warfare, to such courage and determination in the face of danger, over so long a period. Such devotion, should never be forgotten.
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Post by K4KittyCrew »

Alan, sorry to hear about your misfortune. Sincerely hope everything is sorted asap.
If there is anything I / we can do to help in any way, please advise.
Cheers,
John
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"
AlanW
Air Commodore
Air Commodore

Post by AlanW »

Thanks chaps, just awaiting the dreaded Insurance Claims Adjuster tomorrow to see what the outcome is going to be. Photo of 2 of the 3 tenders that attended. One fireman showed me a "bloody" thumb, and said with amusement that, whilst my Jack Russell decided to bite him whilst being rescued, my other dog (Boxer/Collie) nearly licked him to death.
Attachments
phpWwRuRRAM.jpg
phpWwRuRRAM.jpg (156.2 KiB) Viewed 17350 times
Bruno
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bruno »

Hello,

Very very sad news. Your family is safe and I expect that all we'll come back good soon.
Bruno LECAPLAIN, Webmaster.
www.raf38group.org
PeteT
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by PeteT »

Alan

I hope you get sorted, settled and back online soon .... wishing you well

Regards

Pete
Researching:
CA Butler, flight engineer Lancaster ME334 (KIA over Bonn with 35 PFF on 4th Febuary 1945) http://rafww2butler.wordpress.com/
Ground Crew and Aircrew Training WWII
"The History of No 35 Squadron" http://35squadron.wordpress.com/
wayne
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

Post by wayne »

Hi Alan,

Sorry to hear the bad news.
I'm glad you and your family are safe.
I hope not too much damage has been done.

Take care.
Wayne.
AlanW
Air Commodore
Air Commodore

Post by AlanW »

Hi all.....
Back online again for the foreseeable future (hopefully). Cause of fire was electrical fault with a pull switch that supplied power to the shower unit. It's raining outside, and just realised that dogs cannot go for their normal run over the park because all our coats etc have been taken away because of apparent "smoke" damage, even my prized pair of rigger boots have gone :o
ME453
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

Post by ME453 »

I missed your initial post Alan, I'm sorry to hear about the fire and damage to your house - thank goodness there were no injuries or worse to your human and canine family. Regarding dog walking and coats.......just get out there!! :)
Max
www.ordinarycrew.co.uk
Dedicated to the crew of Lancaster ME453 467 squadron