Admin. Observations

This Section is opened to all the subjects (even if they aren’t about World War II) and all other things like sales or auctions.
PeteT
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Admin. Observations

Post by PeteT »

I just thought I would log this matter, not as a criticism, but as an observation, as it may be affecting other people's ability to join or access the forum.

I recently had a password problem (due to a newly loaded password generator) which resulted in me being locked out of the forum.

I tried numerous attempts at "Password Reset" but I did not get anything back from the site so I tried using the "Contact" button, but again got nothing back from the site.

I asked my partner to set up a new login under her e-mail address, but to date, she has not had any response from the site.

I eventually managed to get in touch with Bruno (via a convoluted route using contact details of other members that I had on my PC) and he kindly reset my password.

Now that I am back I would like to thank everyone involved for their help, but wondered if my situation was a one-off, or whether new users (eg my partner) and/or existing users with sign in problems are being prevented from accessing the forum.

Anyway, it is good to be back and able to contribute again

Regards

Pete
Researching:
CA Butler, flight engineer Lancaster ME334 (KIA over Bonn with 35 PFF on 4th Febuary 1945) http://rafww2butler.wordpress.com/
Ground Crew and Aircrew Training WWII
"The History of No 35 Squadron" http://35squadron.wordpress.com/
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Re: Admin. Observations

Post by K4KittyCrew »

Hi Pete and thanks for your input.
From time to time, we, like all forums, have 'computer issues' occasionally. Bruno and I will do our best to assist you, when we can.
Recently ( as you know) another forum member advise me of your situation for which I contacted Bruno, so he could rectify the situation.

Unfortunately, it would seem, any issues can take a little while to sought out. We thank you for your patience.

For future reference, members may wish to save my email address and contact me direct, should you ever get locked out.
k4kittycrew at gmail.com .............. please replace 'at' with @ ....... with no spaces.

Cheers,
John
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"
Bruno
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bruno »

Hello,

Today I've made changes to the emails settings so don't hesitate to send some messages to test if there are always some problems.
Kind regards.

Bruno
Bruno LECAPLAIN, Webmaster.
www.raf38group.org
PeteT
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by PeteT »

Thanks for the responses.

I must reiterate that your time in running and administering the site is very much appreciated. I know it is not easy, especially when you are doing it in your spare time.

However, I am still puzzled as to why my partner, who applied for membership at least two weeks ago, has not had any kind of response. This may suggest that other "new contributors" are being left in limbo (which is obviously detrimental to the forum).

Is it worth checking the procedures for new members too?

Regards

Pete
Researching:
CA Butler, flight engineer Lancaster ME334 (KIA over Bonn with 35 PFF on 4th Febuary 1945) http://rafww2butler.wordpress.com/
Ground Crew and Aircrew Training WWII
"The History of No 35 Squadron" http://35squadron.wordpress.com/
Bruno
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bruno »

Hi Pete,

I've thought about this problem and I sent a mass email this morning to all the members of the forum.
One member already sent me a message and I created for him a new password.
Regards.

Bruno
Bruno LECAPLAIN, Webmaster.
www.raf38group.org