Why the Aircrew Loss Files' are locked

General announcements.
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Why the Aircrew Loss Files' are locked

Post by K4KittyCrew »

Hi Folks,

Moderators Bob and Wayne are updating the 'Aircrew Loss Files' on a regular basis.
The reason we have locked them is that they are a - READ ONLY - file ............. for people to do their research. If we have 'comment' from members included in these files, they become, for want of a better word, messy and makes searching a little bit more of a chore.

If members wish to add files or update existing files, please contact Bob or Wayne and they will make any adjustments.

If members wish to comment about a given file .............. by all means, please make a separate post, in that particular forum.

We trust that by keeping these files as a 'READ ONLY', it will benefit all members and guest, researching a crew.
Cheers,
John
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"
Bruno
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Why the Aircrew Loss Files' are locked

Post by Bruno »

Hi,

I want to join John to thank Bob and Wayne for their great work.
Kind regards.

Bruno
Bruno LECAPLAIN, Webmaster.
www.raf38group.org
Oggie2620
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Re: Why the Aircrew Loss Files' are locked

Post by Oggie2620 »

I think its fair enough especially as I have spoken to several researchers who have done lots of hard work and then had it pinched by someone else without a by your leave. I am only a conduit so will keep pointing people towards your infinitely better research than my small bits and pieces..
Keep up the sterling (sic) work..
Dee