Changes to the Forum !

General announcements.
smudgersmith218
3 Group Researcher

Changes to the Forum !

Post by smudgersmith218 »

Dear all,

I have not seen any posts on the above so I will get the show on the road !!

I for one am happy with the new direction the society is heading under the guidance of John and Bruno.

I personally have felt for a while that there is a wealth of research talent amongst the membership which is rather fragmented and not fully utilised. We all have our own particular interests whether an individual squadron or squadrons, campaigns or aircraft and even groups. To my knowledge this collective expertise has never been made public (on the forum) or used in a coherent way to the advantage of both the society of which we are all members and the enquirer.

I am sure like me you have to juggle your time between your own research and normal day to day activities ( like work :( ) If as a society we all do our bit I am sure this will alleviate the pressure on John and Bruno and benefit everyone and improve the Stirling Aircraft Society . John has already outlined the proposals, I for one will be happy to take on the 3 Group area, I will only be concentrating on the Stirling period so any help with the Wimpy or Lancaster period would be most welcome. I know Dave is a keen researcher of all things 149 so fingers crossed Dave with chip in !!!

I have already been in contact with both Bruno and John and given them my support with this.

Regards

Steve
No.218 (Gold Coast) Squadron 1918-1945
The Nomads
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Re: Changes to the Forum !

Post by K4KittyCrew »

Great stuff, Steve.
You further contribution to the forum will benefit many people who are either avid RAF buffs and or are seeking specific details relating to a family member who served in Bomber Command.
Bruno and I sincerely hope members take up this wonderful opportunity to contribute to the forum and leave their mark as acknowledgement for those who served us.
Cheers,
John
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"
Bruno
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bruno »

Hello,

I also join John to thank Steve to help us with his incredible knowledge on 3 Group Stirlings.
I expect that Steve won't be too furious ;) but I've started the 3 Group section with documents that Hugh Barlow, from New Zealand, sent me yesterday and offered to publish on the Forum: A copy of the log book of his father Flying Officer Hubert Crawford Barlow DFC when he was a navigator on Stirlings with 149 Squadron from Sept 1943 to May 1944.
Here is the link to the post:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1471&p=8419#p8419
Kind regards.

Bruno
Bruno LECAPLAIN, Webmaster.
www.raf38group.org
smudgersmith218
3 Group Researcher

Post by smudgersmith218 »

Hi Bruno,

Not at all, great stuff. !!!

I have around 8 Log Books I would like to suggest. These include 149 - 90 - 218 - 75 - 115 and 617 !! How do we go about posting them. ! I must point out some go into 40 pages !

Please advice

Steve
No.218 (Gold Coast) Squadron 1918-1945
The Nomads
Bruno
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bruno »

Hi Steve,

I can help you to upload it.
Send me a private forum message.
Kind regards.

Bruno
Bruno LECAPLAIN, Webmaster.
www.raf38group.org
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Post by K4KittyCrew »

Just to confirm to one and all, we have now settled on the new forum name.

Short Stirling & RAF Bomber Command Forum
Offered by the Stirling Aircraft Society, affiliated to the Bomber Command Association

Bruno has made changes to the board and I for one think that this new name is relevant of what this forum is all about. The short Stirling aircraft and all other related Bomber Command information.

I trust we are the only Short Stirling forum worldwide and that is very important to us to continue our focus with this aircraft, squadrons and crews who fly her.
In saying as such, we also have a wealth of information from members to cover Bomber Command, as a whole, the aircraft, the squadrons and crews ............... so we can assist members and guest as their queries, as they come to hand.

Bruno and I would like to take this opportunity to thank the 'moderators and everyday members who contribute here on a regular basis. Your efforts are most welcome.
Cheers,
John
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"
Oggie2620
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Oggie2620 »

Hope you have been able to access and update the Facebook page as I would love to see more posted on there.. :) I know its a bit of a bind for the Admin as I am admin on three pages/groups but its worth getting us out there as there are a couple of other pages which post Stirling pics on a regular basis.. Strike Hard, Strike Sure for one.. :)