UPDATE - On Our Forum System

General announcements.
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

UPDATE - On Our Forum System

Post by K4KittyCrew »

Hello to all members and guests.

I have just spoken online to Bruno and he mentions that spammers are continually trying to hack into our system, daily.
Even though we have measures in place to limit and or stop their input, simply them being on our system at most given times, slows down and or stops valid members and guests to participate at given times.

I know it has affected me recently BUT we will get through this, hopefully sooner rather than later.

You may of noticed that Bruno does not spend as much time on the forum as in the past, for the simple reason that he is now forced to spend most of his time blocking and ridding the system of spammers.
That is the sad part of it all. Bruno does so much work behind the scenes just to keep things up and going ................ we thank you Bruno!

As Bruno has mentioned, the current system allows approximately 20 people on the system at any given time. Because the spammers are constantly present, they take up valuable space so a genuine member or guest struggles to get on if the number is around 20 contacts.

Because the forum is constantly growing, there in lies the problem. To upgrade the system to allow more members onboard at any given time can be quite costly so we are waiting for the system provider to come back to us to gauge our next move.

We will keep you all up to date as details come to hand.

Many thanks for your continued support.
Cheers,
John.
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"
smudgersmith218
3 Group Researcher

Re: UPDATE - On Our Forum System

Post by smudgersmith218 »

John,

Thanks for the update.

Rest assured the hard work by Bruno and your good self is very much appreciated by all, so thank you both.

Regards

Steve
No.218 (Gold Coast) Squadron 1918-1945
The Nomads
ME453
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

Post by ME453 »

May I echo Steve's thanks to both you John and to Bruno, all your hard work and ingenuity in keeping the forum active and fresh is very much appreciated. What is perhaps ironic is that the freedom which our heroes fought and died for is being abused by these nameless, faceless and useless hackers who are attempting to limit our freedom to contribute to this incredibly worthwhile forum. What IS the point of it all?
www.ordinarycrew.co.uk
Dedicated to the crew of Lancaster ME453 467 squadron
Bruno
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bruno »

Hello all,

First of all I want to thank John for his fantastic work and after all of you who make the forum alive.
I'm studying where to host the forum but I don't want to make an error. If somebody knows a good host, I'll be glad to know it.
One thing is sure is that hackers won't win because I'll go on the fight!
Kind regards.

Bruno
Bruno LECAPLAIN, Webmaster.
www.raf38group.org