Looking for Stirling Pictures

General announcements.
IWALKER
Sergeant
Sergeant

Looking for Stirling Pictures

Post by IWALKER »

Hello from New York!

My Grandfather Denis Lloyd of 7 Squadron flew in four different Stirlings, and I am hoping to find pictures of them if there is anywhere specific that anyone might be able to recommend in regard to websites or other points of contact. These include the following:

N6034
N6035
W7434
N6020

Thank you very much and best wishes.

Iain Walker
Mark Joyce
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Looking for Stirling Pictures

Post by Mark Joyce »

Hello Iain,

Sorry to not be of much help, but I checked the Stirling books I have with no luck. These include Jonathan Falconer's "Stirling in Combat," "Stirling Wings: The Short Stirling goes to War," and Osprey's "Short Stirling Units of World War 2," along with Squadron/Signal's "Short Stirling in Action." However, only the Osprey book lists Stirlings by serial number; for the first two books I could only check by 7 squadron. If any of those Stirlings were assigned to another squadron at one point in time, I might have missed it.

You might already have these books and know this, but I wanted to make sure just in case. There are likely much more knowledgeable persons on this forum that can be of more assistance.

Cheers,

Mark
IWALKER
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Looking for Stirling Pictures

Post by IWALKER »

Thanks Mark for your response. I have some books but not the ones you referenced and I will keep looking.

Best wishes,

Iain