General announcements.
David Medland
Corporal
Corporal

Why not try it ?

Post by David Medland »

Hello Forum Members,

http://www.cwfww2.com/

The link above is for a new website for those who post on various websites for military interests.

We members of it and Andy Wright would like others to join if interested.

Thanks.

David.
David
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Re: Why not try it ?

Post by K4KittyCrew »

Great to see Alan has compiled a fantastic list of ORB's. I was aware Alan had a 'number' of ORB's but was not aware of such a collection ............... Has this been mentioned here on the forum before???????
John
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"
AlanW
Air Commodore
Air Commodore

Post by AlanW »

Ooops!!! I honestly thought i had posted them here somewhere at some time, but just in case i have not, i will post them sometime within the next few days.
There is no paralell in warfare, to such courage and determination in the face of danger, over so long a period. Such devotion, should never be forgotten.
David Medland
Corporal
Corporal

Post by David Medland »

AlanW wrote:Ooops!!! I honestly thought i had posted them here somewhere at some time, but just in case i have not, i will post them sometime within the next few days.
Hi Alan,

Not like you to forget.

Glad the 106 ORB is being useful. Have seen the list on http://www.cwfww2.com/index.php/forum/6 ... ds/79-orbs

Keep looking for 49 Squadron on the list.

David.
:geek:
David
AlanW
Air Commodore
Air Commodore

Post by AlanW »

Hi Dave,
Most of the ORB's in my collection, are down to my work in helping out relatives with information on family members who flew with, or were lost with, Bomber, Fighter and Coastal Command. The first ORB files i ever got, were some from the 179sqdn ORB, for my first online contact who came from K-Kitty's part of the world, and was looking for details on his uncles death. In return, he sent me a full copy of his uncles logbook. I have got literally, thousands of paper copies of ORB pages from many squadrons, up in my attic. I was very happy when they started offering them in digital format, and even happier when they recently gave them a set price.
Apart from the ones i've bought for myself, i've had some donated by people such as yourself, (106sqdn) Dave Richardson (149sqdn + Appends etc) David Layne (204 & 97) Neil W (83sqdn) and several others.
As for 49sqdn, you never know, one day i might just think about it. :)
There is no paralell in warfare, to such courage and determination in the face of danger, over so long a period. Such devotion, should never be forgotten.
David Medland
Corporal
Corporal

Post by David Medland »

AlanW wrote:Hi Dave,
Most of the ORB's in my collection, are down to my work in helping out relatives with information on family members who flew with, or were lost with, Bomber, Fighter and Coastal Command. The first ORB files i ever got, were some from the 179sqdn ORB, for my first online contact who came from K-Kitty's part of the world, and was looking for details on his uncles death. In return, he sent me a full copy of his uncles logbook. I have got literally, thousands of paper copies of ORB pages from many squadrons, up in my attic. I was very happy when they started offering them in digital format, and even happier when they recently gave them a set price.
Apart from the ones i've bought for myself, i've had some donated by people such as yourself, (106sqdn) Dave Richardson (149sqdn + Appends etc) David Layne (204 & 97) Neil W (83sqdn) and several others.
As for 49sqdn, you never know, one day i might just think about it. :)
Hello Alan,

Always a pleasure to read your messages. I am so pleased that Dave Richardson,David Layne and Neil W have helped to build up your collection of ORB's. Great to have such people willing to share information.

David.
David