Short Stirling Crash Landing 26 September 1944

This is the Forum of all you think can be useful about the Short Stirling Aircraft: Squadron Records & Crew Operational Record Books (ORB’s), Websites, Books...
Lancaster
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Short Stirling Crash Landing 26 September 1944

Post by Lancaster »

James,

Thanks for your reply, that's a very interesting & helpful post on the Forum you've directed me to.

If anyone has access to any 1661 HCU ORB's or related documents covering the period concerned (September 1944), I'd be pleased to hear from them.

In the meantime, I've e-mailed the RAF Museum at Hendon to see if they can let me have copies of the Aircraft Movement Card & Accident Record Card for the aircraft. They've previously been quite helpful so fingers crossed!

Regards,

Ronald
Researching Bomber Command crew F/Off D R McIntosh RAAF, Sgt F A Kendall RAF, F/Sgt R A Quiney RAF, F/Sgt R H Thomson RAF, F/Sgt W H Butt RAAF, Sgt G Fletcher RAF, Sgt D S Ford RAF. All KIA 14 January 1945 serving with 106 Squadron, RAF Metheringham.
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Post by K4KittyCrew »

Lancaster wrote:James,

Thanks for your reply, that's a very interesting & helpful post on the Forum you've directed me to.

If anyone has access to any 1661 HCU ORB's or related documents covering the period concerned (September 1944), I'd be pleased to hear from them.

In the meantime, I've e-mailed the RAF Museum at Hendon to see if they can let me have copies of the Aircraft Movement Card & Accident Record Card for the aircraft. They've previously been quite helpful so fingers crossed!

Regards,

Ronald
Ronald, I too would like any information to 1661 HCU, being that my father and his crew had been posted there.
Cheers,
John
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"
Lancaster
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Lancaster »

John,

Happy to let you have any info about 1661 HCU that I find or that anyone can send.

Have you found anything so far? I'll have a look through what I've got, although it's a bit limited so far!

Regards,

Ronald
Researching Bomber Command crew F/Off D R McIntosh RAAF, Sgt F A Kendall RAF, F/Sgt R A Quiney RAF, F/Sgt R H Thomson RAF, F/Sgt W H Butt RAAF, Sgt G Fletcher RAF, Sgt D S Ford RAF. All KIA 14 January 1945 serving with 106 Squadron, RAF Metheringham.