W/Cdr Ken Wallis

This is the Forum of Squadrons, Crews and Aircraft of Bomber Command & Related Luftwaffe personnel and aircraft.
smudgersmith218
3 Group Researcher

W/Cdr Ken Wallis

Post by smudgersmith218 »

In the dear old DM.

Have met W/Cdr Wallis a number of times, great bloke. Lives in the most wonderful house in Norfolk.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... medal.html

Good for you Ken !!!
No.218 (Gold Coast) Squadron 1918-1945
The Nomads
kookabat
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

Re: W/Cdr Ken Wallis

Post by kookabat »

This photo, taken from that article, of the Wellington with all the 103 Squadron crew in front of it I've seen before...

The pilot of my great uncle's eventual 467 Squadron crew did a tour with 103 first... he's in that photo, front row, first on the left.
There's anther slightly less formal photo taken on the same day with the aircrew standing all over the aeroplane.

Knew I recognised it!
Remembering the crew of 467 Sqn Lancaster LM475 PO-B Jan-May 1944
www.somethingverybig.com
halifax1
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Post by halifax1 »

Yes - agree an amazing chap - he is almost a neighbour. He was/is an incredible engineer and his achievements remarkable - the Canberra might have been scrapped if it were not for him! Rather a good sense of humour too. But in fact the award is a clasp - and frankly I think it sells all the fellows a bit short?
Oggie2620
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Oggie2620 »

There is a nice section at Flixton Museum with some of his autogyro's. He also had a Facebook page and there are some great pictures on there!
Dee
PAFG
Group Captain
Group Captain

Post by PAFG »

A wonderful character - sad to say his obituary is in DT today: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituar ... allis.html

Richard