Looking for Frederick Victor Houlgate

This is the Forum of Squadrons, Crews and Aircraft of Bomber Command & Related Luftwaffe personnel and aircraft.
John Abrahams
Leading Aircraftman
Leading Aircraftman

Looking for Frederick Victor Houlgate

Post by John Abrahams »

John Abrahams (Flt Lt, 1940-1946) is looking for his friend Flt Lt Frederick Victor Houlgate (54598), from their time at SFTS Calgary 1942-43. They last met in England when Flt Lt Houlgate was retraining on Stirlings for glider towing. Flt Lt Houlgate is known to have retired from the Service to Flamborough village, Bridlington, 1957. Any information to John Abrahams, sandATdircon.co.uk or 34 Queens Road, Beckenham, Kent BR3 4JW.

Hello John,

Please let me welcome you to the forum and we are always pleased when a WWII veteran joins our ranks.

I have had to alter your @ in your email address to AT,as it prevents people who trawl the internet for email address's from pestering you. All the members on the forum know about this, and if they have any information about your friend they will know how to reply to your email address.

Kindest regards

Bob
AlanW
Air Commodore
Air Commodore

Re: Looking for Frederick Victor Houlgate

Post by AlanW »

Looking around, "Find My Past" finds he was born in 1923, which would make him 90yrs now, but the site does not record a death of same person, so still alive in UK, or, possibly emigrated to another country sometime after retiring from RAF.
There is no paralell in warfare, to such courage and determination in the face of danger, over so long a period. Such devotion, should never be forgotten.
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Post by K4KittyCrew »

Hello John and welcome to our friendly forum. We are fortunate to have another 'ex crew member, Dennis here as well.
I know it may sound crazy but finding ex crew members alive is so much harder than finding someone who lost their life for their country!
Hope we can help in some way.

Thanks Bob for your help.

Hi Alan, I've just looked at the 'notices' here in Oz ............ nothing listed as yet.
John
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"
Oggie2620
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Oggie2620 »

Have you thought about putting something in the RAF News or in the RAFA newsletter? Which Sqn were they on? Is there an Assn? If there is do they have contact :)
Dee :)