St Vith to Victory, No.218 (Gold Coast) Squadron

This is the Forum of Squadrons, Crews and Aircraft of Bomber Command & Related Luftwaffe personnel and aircraft.
smudgersmith218
3 Group Researcher

St Vith to Victory, No.218 (Gold Coast) Squadron

Post by smudgersmith218 »

Gents,

Just a heads up on my book, just received the draft artwork for the dust jacket and guess what it has a Short Stirling on the front !!! Should be published in 2015.

Just want to thank all your chaps who helped with info or advice, I owe you a decent pint of ale or three!!

All the best

Steve
Attachments
FROM ST VITH VICTORY 12.jpg
FROM ST VITH VICTORY 12.jpg (159.38 KiB) Viewed 3242 times
No.218 (Gold Coast) Squadron 1918-1945
The Nomads
PAFG
Group Captain
Group Captain

Re: St Vith to Victory, No.218 (Gold Coast) Squadron

Post by PAFG »

Looks stunning, Steve - you should be very proud!
smudgersmith218
3 Group Researcher

Dear all,

On another site I have just been told to "tone down" my posts about the book, as it is self publicity.

I want to make it clear that I will MAKE NO MONEY from this book, and any money I do will go to "HELP THE HEROES". I made a promise at a 218 Squadron reunion that I will make sure the contribution and sacrifice made by the squadron will never be forgotten and that one day I will put their exploits into print. I have done that and I am proud to have achieved my promise.

It is just so bloody sad that some "jobs worth" thinks I have written the book to line my own pocket, I cannot begin to tell you have upset I am about this, this book was a labour of love, I wanted to put on record the achievement of a squadron that is all to often overlooked and neglected, average blokes who fought a bloody battle over Germany.

John & Bruno, if you feel the same way as the mods on the other site, PLEASE pull the post, I hope that your not as blinkered as certain others.

Steve
The Nomads
GuyMassey
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

Post by GuyMassey »

Fantastic news! I can't wait to get a copy of it!!! Well done Steve! :-)
"The purpose of life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave with a well-preserved body, but rather to Slide in Sideways, completely used up, yelling and screaming, what a ride!" anon.
smudgersmith218
3 Group Researcher

Hi Guy,

Cheers mate appreciated.

Regards

Steve
The Nomads