Appeal For Help

This is the Forum of Squadrons, Crews and Aircraft of Bomber Command & Related Luftwaffe personnel and aircraft.
smudgersmith218
3 Group Researcher

Appeal For Help

Post by smudgersmith218 »

Hi all,

I hope the mods don't mind me asking, if they do please remove post.

I would like to via the forum ask the members for their help with a new book project, the aim of which is to raise money for a new memorial to be erected at RAF Downham Market. I and another researcher have been asked to produce a book on the history of this former 3 & 8 PFF station. The money from the book will be donated to this worthy project and raise awareness of the plight of many of these front line airfields and their gradual eradication.

I am after anecdotes, stories, photos or any information that will bring this fascinating bomber station alive, obviously my connection is with the Stirling, hence my post. Any help from here in the UK or our friends in Australia, New Zealand and of course Europe would be most welcome.

Thank you

Steve
No.218 (Gold Coast) Squadron 1918-1945
The Nomads
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Re: Appeal For Help

Post by K4KittyCrew »

Thanks Steve for your consideration regarding the forum rules.

As I've mentioned before, some members make a significant contributions to the forum and as such, everyone gets treated accordingly.
Steve, I have no problems with your request as you meet the above standard and that it is relevant to the research of Bomber Command.
We will also welcome any additional information that can be put onto the forum files.

If members and guests can assist, I thank you in advance.
Regards,
John
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"