218 Squadron Frederick Norton

This is the Forum of Squadrons, Crews and Aircraft of Bomber Command & Related Luftwaffe personnel and aircraft.
colinpateman
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

218 Squadron Frederick Norton

Post by colinpateman »

F/O F J NORTON escaped from Lancaster PD296 on 28 January 1945 to become a POW. He was the only survivor from that crew captained by Gilbert Evers. I think Norton was the second Navigator on the crew. I bought From St Vith to Victory to assist with my interest in Norton hoping he would pop up in respect of other operations. I only have the one connecting date for him in 1945, so effectively know nothing of his service. His service number advises volunteering in 1941 and commissioned in 1944. Norton was lucky to survive, I would like to know if possible if he was a spare bod navigator or regular crew in 218 Squadron and maybe the expertise with the author of the book could swiftly answer my quest. Thank you in advance here smudger.
Many thanks.
colinpateman

Re: 218 Squadron Frederick Norton

Post by colinpateman »

I forgot to mention that the name Norton appears to be connected to a crew captained by a pilot called Hall. I have tried to check on the NA ORBs which is where I got this observation from but the name may obviously have no connection to Frederick Norton. Thanks again.