Seeking crew descendants.

This is the Forum of Squadrons, Crews and Aircraft of Bomber Command & Related Luftwaffe personnel and aircraft.
GuyMassey
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

Seeking crew descendants.

Post by GuyMassey »

QSH&Text.jpg
QSH&Text.jpg (98.29 KiB) Viewed 3884 times
The Crew of 620 Sdn. Short Stirling QSH BF503 taken at RAF Chedburgh in November 1943. I have a number of photographs and items of interest that I would like to share with descendants of this crew. They were still (mostly) together in 299 Sdn. for D-Day and Arnhem Please help me to find them. Interested parties can message me, but I will not be passing on any original information to any unrelated individual.
Last edited by GuyMassey on Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The purpose of life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave with a well-preserved body, but rather to Slide in Sideways, completely used up, yelling and screaming, what a ride!" anon.
abc man
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Seeking crew descendants.

Post by abc man »

You can certainly find out who "George" is. The service files of the two Canadians will be held at the LAC in Ottawa. As you have "George's" service number they can give you his full name.

The same cannot be said for "Vic". Quebec is a huge place and with no service number....

Barry Massey's NCO number was 1812794. Commissioned Pilot Officer 8 May 1943, new service number 144029

742577 Sgt Philip John Dale commissioned Pilot Officer 16 November 1940, new number 87406
GuyMassey
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

Re: Seeking crew descendants.

Post by GuyMassey »

Hello abc,

Thank you for your reply. Barry, you will probably gather from my old posts is my father, and I have investigated his service career in depth. Unfortunately he passed away in November 2013. He was he believed, the last surviving member. I will follow up your leads. Guy
"The purpose of life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave with a well-preserved body, but rather to Slide in Sideways, completely used up, yelling and screaming, what a ride!" anon.