622 Squadron ORB

This is the Forum of Squadrons, Crews and Aircraft of Bomber Command & Related Luftwaffe personnel and aircraft.
gate1
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

622 Squadron ORB

Post by gate1 »

Can anyone help with entries in the 622 Squadron ORB? Hope I wont cause offence ( ;) ) when I say I'm not looking for Stirling related, but Lancasters, January to August 1944, right after they had converted from the Stirling.

Many thanks
149NUTS
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: 622 Squadron ORB

Post by 149NUTS »

Try Howard Sandall on http://www.mildenhallregister.stirlingp ... ilden2.htm . His book on 622 Sqn is available now. “WE WAGE WAR BY NIGHT”- AN OPERATIONAL & PHOTOGRAPHIC HISTORY OF No. 622 SQUADRON BOMBER COMMAND. A description and preview are on the 622 Sqn research page. AUTHOR: HOWARD JOHN SANDALL.
Hope this helps. Alan F
gate1
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

Post by gate1 »

Thanks for that Alan

I dropped Howard an email a couple of weeks ago, but so far I have had no answer. I've not had an answer from Geoff Reynolds either, Secretary of the Mildenhall Register. However, your link gives Howards address, so I'll drop him one of those old fashioned letter things and see if I can get a response that way.

Thanks for the pointer

Alex
gate1
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

Post by gate1 »

I dropped Howard a snail mail letter thingy and got an instant reply and lots of help. A like minded soul!