1/72 Die Cast Stirling

The Modelling section is dedicated to members who wish to show their WW2 related aircraft & squadron field kits.
Tips & Advice is available, along with photos of models under construction and completed projects.
Dave_Richardson
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

1/72 Die Cast Stirling

Post by Dave_Richardson »

Apparently Corgi are to intoduce a 1/72 Die Cast Stirling to their Aviation Archive Range in Dec 2011. See advert from Aeroplane Magazine originally posted on Diecast Aviation forum.

This thread on the same forum http://forums.diecast-aviation.eu/showt ... 341&page=4 also has some interesting contempary drawings (May 1942) of the Stirling's undercarriage.

Dave
wayne
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

Re: 1/72 Die Cast Stirling

Post by wayne »

Hi Dave,
It looks good, except for the price. It seems to be 120 pound :o
Thats like $300 NZ :o
Riskey
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Riskey »

To- date I brought Ten Lancasters all from Corgi , I find they are worth the money my latest one is a Lancaster B MK 111- DV380 of wing Commander Leonard Cheshire V C 617 SQN 1943 KC-N Xmas present . they have always been the £ 100.00 mark . If the Stirling is being made ? then knowing corgi it will be good . Do thet sell Corgi models over seas ? Riskey
ME453
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

Post by ME453 »

That's a steep price Riskey but I guess they warrant the name "collectors' items" and will appreciate in price?
www.ordinarycrew.co.uk
Dedicated to the crew of Lancaster ME453 467 squadron
Riskey

Post by Riskey »

HI , Ever since the first lancaster I brought -P O / S they never really dropped their price , this latest one cost £ 86.50 , that was only because the Manager has discount ,so he brought it ,then sold it to me . My Favourite one was remarked up AS / X !! my step father done it for me , then a nice Brass plaque on the stand inscibed with my Cousins Name & crew . It does look good :D I did ask a member from the other forum if he could help ? , trouble was he asked double to what Corgi asks . Which is sad as he made some lovlie model Lancasters .
halifax1
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Post by halifax1 »

Do appreciate Mike that Corgi mass produce their models and so can sell than at a lower price than a commissioned build. Taking into account the cost of the kit plus paint etc. a price of £150 - £200 (have I done the calculations right?) the "profit is not great. I would certainly not entertain a commission build for that sum. I have been asked to do a commission or two but declined anyway - it is not worthwhile. Given the hours spent - I would have thought a minimum of 30 or 40hrs at say £10 per hour........so £200 is not bad in my view. I appreciate you are not challenging the cost - just taking an economic view. Mind you I wonder if I could sell some of my models - already built?? Fancy DX -A??
Riskey

Post by Riskey »

Hi Dave , I know how time consuming model making is , I tryed to build air fix models as a young nipper ,and what should have been a Spitfire Or Boat looked more like a Kite Or Raft :oops: :lol: . My patients with things like that is a non -starter . Even when I was courting my wife " To be " i was trying to build a Kenworth Truck , whilst it resembled the picture on the box ISH I didnt do it justice . I say courting the Wife :!: That was to give mme something to do when at her mum & Dads Place in the evening :lol: It toke a full weekend just to remove the lid off the Box :lol: Riskey