Hachette 32nd Scale Lancaster 460 Sq Binbrook

The Modelling section is dedicated to members who wish to show their WW2 related aircraft & squadron field kits.
Tips & Advice is available, along with photos of models under construction and completed projects.
Lancbuilder
Corporal
Corporal

Hachette 32nd Scale Lancaster 460 Sq Binbrook

Post by Lancbuilder »

Hi everyone

This is my 32nd scale replica of ND968-G 'O for OBOE'. Built at the Victor Road workshops. Commencing production October 2012.
Certain fuselage air-frame parts as well as the Port wing were pre-assembled by my good friend Dave Fellowes.

Dave was a Rear Gunner with 460 Squadron en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No._460_Squadron_RAAF

For those who've tackled this series, this is a complicated build with 125 separate stages of build. Although taken from original drawings of the Lancaster Bomber, the detailing requires knowledge of the interior and exterior of the Lancaster Bomber. As you'll see, from the assembly instructions, there is much additional detailing that can be added.

Here's the link to the build, sorry it's on Flickr, but there's far too many images to post here, unless anyone's got any ideas? I'm trying an image paste at the bottom, see if it works. but here's the link to the build...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/87402723@N03/

[img]https://www.flickr.com/photos/87402723@ ... 18698//img]
Last edited by Lancbuilder on Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
PAFG
Group Captain
Group Captain

Re: Hachette 48th Scale Lancaster 460 Sq Binbrook

Post by PAFG »

That's incredible - thanks for sharing, Lancbuilder. I didn't realise the incredible level of detail in the Hachette model! The interiors look stunning.

Welcome to the forum, I loo forward to seeing more of your work.

Richard
Lancbuilder
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Hachette 48th Scale Lancaster 460 Sq Binbrook

Post by Lancbuilder »

Thanks for the support Skipper, she's a labour of love. As are so many kits in the forums. So many dedicated people
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Re: Hachette 32nd Scale Lancaster 460 Sq Binbrook

Post by K4KittyCrew »

Hi 'lancbuilder' and welcome to the forum.

Let me say that your not supposed to be that good, no one is!
Marvelous work there and thank you for sharing the images.

Always look forward to seeing more.
Cheers,
John
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"
Lancbuilder
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Hachette 32nd Scale Lancaster 460 Sq Binbrook

Post by Lancbuilder »

Thanks for the kind words of support Chaps

I'm a big fan of 'weathering' and 'ageing'. This Lanc is a Veteran, she's carried her crew deep into Germany and on many raids into France. Beryl also played a part in Operation Manna as well as the repatriation Ops. So she survived a real battering as well as a mid-air collision, where 6 ft of her Port wing was torn off. They made it back to base safely, but the other Lanc wasn't so lucky - all lost I'm afraid.

But I digress ha! She's got all the signs of heavy crew usage and mechanical staining: Oil, Grease and signs of maintenance. I'm personally not into the 'clean' look, as was the case with Hachette's build used for the series books - far too clean.

Anyway, it's good to be in a forum of like-minded folk who have built some real classics, each with their own individual styling, which is fantastic.

Thanks again JD