New Italeri 1/72 Stirling

The Modelling section is dedicated to members who wish to show their WW2 related aircraft & squadron field kits.
Tips & Advice is available, along with photos of models under construction and completed projects.
W4783
Warrant Officer 2nd Class
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

New Italeri 1/72 Stirling

Post by W4783 »

I don't know if this has been posted previously, but here is a new Italeri Stirling. Hefty price though.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1-72-ITALERI ... 1e9d84f0f3
Are you aware it is private property? Why you"ll be asking me to bomb Essen next.

British Secretary of State for Air
Sir Kingsley Wood
Sep 1939
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Re: New Italeri 1/72 Stirling

Post by K4KittyCrew »

Cheers mate. Does anyone know of any builds that have been completed?
John
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"
Stirling Project
Group Captain
Group Captain

Post by Stirling Project »

Hi all

I've built the Mk IV and it goes together pretty well, they're a few minor errors and things that could have been done better (panel lines)but all in all it's not too bad. The Mk I however is a missed opportunity as they've used the wing from the Mk IV kit and given you different cowlings and exhaust arrangements but haven't filled the plugs where the oil coolers go. I've not made the kit myself but some of my contacts have bemoaned the fact that you have to cut out the window apertures to match the poorly fitting glazing. IMHO it would've been better to have all the windows opened up then use the transparency glazing to fill the hole and either paint over or fill as they seem to do with most of the Lancaster kits. Plus, as they don't give you the nacelles as fitted to the Mk IV nor an FN 50 Mid upper as an alternative, you can't make a MK III.

John L
Stirling Project
Group Captain
Group Captain

Post by Stirling Project »

Hi all

I've built the Mk IV and it goes together pretty well, they're a few minor errors and things that could have been done better (panel lines)but all in all it's not too bad. The Mk I however is a missed opportunity as they've used the wing from the Mk IV kit and given you different cowlings and exhaust arrangements but haven't filled the plugs where the oil coolers go. I've not made the kit myself but some of my contacts have bemoaned the fact that you have to cut out the window apertures to match the poorly fitting glazing. IMHO it would've been better to have all the windows opened up then use the transparency glazing to fill the hole and either paint over or fill as they seem to do with most of the Lancaster kits. Plus, as they don't give you the nacelles as fitted to the Mk IV nor an FN 50 Mid upper as an alternative, you can't make a MK III.

John L