Have you Seen AP1660 (and other APs)?

The Modelling section is dedicated to members who wish to show their WW2 related aircraft & squadron field kits.
Tips & Advice is available, along with photos of models under construction and completed projects.
jamesinnewcastle
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Have you Seen AP1660 (and other APs)?

Post by jamesinnewcastle »

Hi All

For all the modelling you do is AP1660 any help to you? basically it is the Haynes Manual for the Stirling Bomber - sample pic attached.

Very few dimensioned drawings but loads of detail in 3D drawings (probably scale drawings though). Have attached a sample!

Anyway - I think that each British aircraft would have a similar manual - might be useful if you were modelling another aircraft.

Cheers

James
Dave_Richardson
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Re: Have you Seen AP1660 (and other APs)?

Post by Dave_Richardson »

Looks good to me James! Any idea where I could get a copy?

Dave
jamesinnewcastle
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by jamesinnewcastle »

Hi Dave

ebay is a good source of Aircraft Publications, The National Archives has part of AP1660 for MkI and MkII Stirlings.

I got mine from a Dutch guy at:

http://www.stirling.box.nl/

Search the page for a link - I can't give you a direct URL. It's for the MkIII and MkIV Stirlings (Which is a shame because my interest is in the MK1)

Cost 20.5 Euros (including postage) - This is probably about 700 pages including circuit diagrams, maintenance, characteristics and bomb loading data plus loads of other stuff. Comes as .tif files on a CD. I'd be tempted to just send you a copy of mine but the guy deserves some payback for keeping this data for us all I think!

Incidentally I have no connection with this guy at all, so I'm not advertising, but if you are into the Stirling, you should really have the Manual I guess! Here's another sample.

Cheers
Jim
Dave_Richardson
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Post by Dave_Richardson »

Cheers for that Jim, I'll have a hunt round.

Dave