Airspeed Oxford 1/48th scale

The Modelling section is dedicated to members who wish to show their WW2 related aircraft & squadron field kits.
Tips & Advice is available, along with photos of models under construction and completed projects.
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Re: Airspeed Oxford 1/48th scale

Post by K4KittyCrew »

Lovely neat / clear lines on the 'yellow' work there Max. Any imperfections on bright colours really do stand out, so full credit to the forums' ......... 'Grand Master of Modelling'.

In regards to my previous comments and your answer ( helmet ) .......... I still can't make it out but then again, I had to look twice to to acknowledge the bike as a Beemer!
Cheers,
John
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"
ME453
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

Post by ME453 »

A few completed shots of the Ox-box, a couple more to come later of NJ317 in situ.

www.ordinarycrew.co.uk
Dedicated to the crew of Lancaster ME453 467 squadron
halifax1
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Post by halifax1 »

Commendable.
ME453
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

Post by ME453 »

halifax1 wrote:Commendable.
Steady on old boy, that's almost a compliment! Don't let your standards of grumpiness slip too far.

www.ordinarycrew.co.uk
PAFG
Group Captain
Group Captain

Post by PAFG »

Fantastic - looks wonderful. Didn't that utility background have a BMW in the foreground last time it was trotted out?

Read recently that a lot of BAT instructors went on to become pilots of Oboe Mosquitoes.

R
ME453
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

Post by ME453 »

Thanks Richard, that's actually Compton Abbas masquerading as Bibury! Hill top airfield currently in use so I thought a suitable backdrop. I guess it makes sense for Beam Approach instructors to transfer fairly readily to Oboe. (Looking forward to Saturday at Broadchalke!)
www.ordinarycrew.co.uk
PAFG
Group Captain
Group Captain

Post by PAFG »

ME453 wrote:that's actually Compton Abbas
Ah! Drove past it today - British Legion trip to the Armour School at Bovington :D
ME453 wrote:(Looking forward to Saturday at Broadchalke!)
Me too! Sadly, our evening at th pub afterwards has been gazumped by by a 50th birthday party :( but it will be a great day out!
halifax1
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Post by halifax1 »

Steady on old boy, that's almost a compliment! Don't let your standards of grumpiness slip too far.

Yes - of course - how lax of me.

Your ability with photoshop is also improving but I suggest that the aeroplane image is perhaps a little too vibrant for the background. Ahh - feel more myself now. And of course the overall clarity is too good for the film of the day. The horizon might be a little better if it were not quite in focus but not a bad effort young fellow. Goodness something strange happening to my face - I think it may be called called smiling?? Most uncomfortable.

It does appear that Mr Smudger will get a rather good Wellington after all!
ME453
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

Post by ME453 »

A couple more, the latter will be more to old Parky's liking since colour photography's still a bit revolutionary for him.

www.ordinarycrew.co.uk
halifax1
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Post by halifax1 »

Yes - gradually getting there - but the runway is a little on the narrow side is it not.

You can mock about my knowledge of colour film - but let me tell you - colour washing monochrome photos was quite an art form.

But quite good overall - for a moment there was a flicker of inspiration but it evaporated quickly - I really do not know why but "plastic" is not my bag now - if indeed it ever was! Stick and tissue is the thing but amazingly the weather for most of this year has been unbelievably hostile for any kind of real flying with models. Obviously I cannot put any pictures of my flying creations on here, but I have been active building wise - honest!