Airfix Stirling detailing (1/72nd scale)

The Modelling section is dedicated to members who wish to show their WW2 related aircraft & squadron field kits.
Tips & Advice is available, along with photos of models under construction and completed projects.
ME453
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

Airfix Stirling detailing (1/72nd scale)

Post by ME453 »

For those of you who like to include as much detail as possible in their models, White Ensign Models will shortly launch a photo-etch set for the cockpit area:

It will retail at £20.73 plus VAT (ouch!) and will be followed later by another set detailing the bomb bay and other external features. OK I guess but why, oh why hasn't somebody taken the radical step of producing a Stirling and a Halifax in 1/48th scale? It's beyond my admittedly limited comprehension!!

There's quite an interesting thread going on here on an Airfix Stirling: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/inde ... =234913167
www.ordinarycrew.co.uk
Dedicated to the crew of Lancaster ME453 467 squadron
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Re: Airfix Stirling detailing (1/72nd scale)

Post by K4KittyCrew »

[quote="ME453"
OK I guess but why, oh why hasn't somebody taken the radical step of producing a Stirling and a Halifax in 1/48th scale? It's beyond my admittedly limited comprehension!![/quote]

Yes Max my friend, obviously logic has nothing to do with it. Thank you for the details.
John
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"
Stirling Project
Group Captain
Group Captain

Re: Airfix Stirling detailing (1/72nd scale)

Post by Stirling Project »

That's certainly an interesting accessory set and from all accounts they're bringing out an exterior and bomb bay detailing set too. As for the Britmodeller build, I've been assisting the chap in question :D

JL