RAF - Official Souvenir Dambusters Edition 70th Anniversary

This Section is dedicated to all the Books and DVD's about Bomber Command & related subjects (Personal opinions are not necessarily those of the Stirling Aircraft Society).
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

RAF - Official Souvenir Dambusters Edition 70th Anniversary

Post by K4KittyCrew »

Hi folks, here are some images from this very interesting magazine ........... RAF - Official Souvenir Dambusters Edition 70th Anniversary.
Overall, there are many a good story and photos included.
Here are but a few.
John
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"
smudgersmith218
3 Group Researcher

Re: RAF - Official Souvenir Dambusters Edition 70th Annivers

Post by smudgersmith218 »

I am sure I will get a few comments, but I find some of this rather tacky and cheap. It seems to me it is a case of maximise the buying potential of the Dam Busters by producing rather trivial merchandise and re-hashing the same old cliché about the raid, the crews and Gibson. Nothing new other than producing it in a all new glossy magazine. This really is a money earning franchise.

Rant over
No.218 (Gold Coast) Squadron 1918-1945
The Nomads
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Post by K4KittyCrew »

smudgersmith218 wrote:I am sure I will get a few comments, but I find some of this rather tacky and cheap. It seems to me it is a case of maximise the buying potential of the Dam Busters by producing rather trivial merchandise and re-hashing the same old cliché about the raid, the crews and Gibson. Nothing new other than producing it in a all new glossy magazine. This really is a money earning franchise.

Rant over
Fair comment, Steve. I do like the Tornado, though. There is an in depth interview with Les Munro.
I posted the two adverts in case members wanted to purchase such items. Personally, I'm always looking for unique aircraft with variations to them, as posted in the supplied photo images.
Cheers,
John
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"
smudgersmith218
3 Group Researcher

Post by smudgersmith218 »

Hi John,

No problem with the post, thank you for bringing it to the attention of the members. I just think that they are flogging anything with a Dam Buster connection and I really don't think IMHO that its done for anything other than financial profit, I find it a little disrespectful.

Steve
No.218 (Gold Coast) Squadron 1918-1945
The Nomads