It's arrived!!!

This Section is opened to all the subjects (even if they aren’t about World War II) and all other things like sales or auctions.
GuyMassey
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

It's arrived!!!

Post by GuyMassey »

At last, Dad's Bomber Command Clasp has arrived! I can't wait to present it to him on Saturday morning! :D
All the research that I have done over the years has finally paid off, I had all the required documents, log books and photographs to hand when I sent off his claim form. I also had my LPA set up a couple of years ago. All led to a painless claim with no queries. For once, well done MOD!!!
Attachments
Clasp.jpg
Clasp.jpg (73.65 KiB) Viewed 3850 times
"The purpose of life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave with a well-preserved body, but rather to Slide in Sideways, completely used up, yelling and screaming, what a ride!" anon.
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Re: It's arrived!!!

Post by K4KittyCrew »

Great stuff, Guy. Please pass on congratulations to your father.
Thanks for sharing it with us.
Cheers,
John
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"
Bruno
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bruno »

Hello,

Congratulations.
I expect that we'll have a photo posted on the forum :D
Kind regards.

Bruno
Bruno LECAPLAIN, Webmaster.
www.raf38group.org
GuyMassey
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

Post by GuyMassey »

To live up to Bruno's expectations, I post a picture of one very happy chappie. In spite of his memory problems, his immediate comment having read the accompanying letter contained a number of expletives and went something along the lines of "About time, only seventy years b###dy late!!! Well said Dad, in true forces fashion! :D
Stirling colour 2.jpg
Stirling colour 2.jpg (170.12 KiB) Viewed 3809 times
"The purpose of life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave with a well-preserved body, but rather to Slide in Sideways, completely used up, yelling and screaming, what a ride!" anon.
Bruno
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bruno »

Hello Guy,

This is fantastic photo.
A great thank!
Kind regards.

Bruno
Bruno LECAPLAIN, Webmaster.
www.raf38group.org
GuyMassey
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

Post by GuyMassey »

Hi Bruno, the nursing home paraphernalia background really did not fit the subject.... so I changed it! That is dad's old Stirling at RAF Chedburgh in 1943, so much more apt.
PAFG
Group Captain
Group Captain

Post by PAFG »

Great news Guy, and a splendid photo too! You must be very proud - your Dad's spot on about 70 years too late.

Richard