New Stirling kitset

The Modelling section is dedicated to members who wish to show their WW2 related aircraft & squadron field kits.
Tips & Advice is available, along with photos of models under construction and completed projects.
wayne
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

New Stirling kitset

Post by wayne »

Hi all,

Just looking around Facebook and saw this;

https://www.facebook.com/ItaleriModelKit

Hello to everybody. We have posted a Stirling Mk. IV boxart "preview" (it will be a 100% new kit) dedicated to the anniversary of D-Day.

They say it's a totally new kit :D
Attachments
Italeri Stirling Box Art.jpg
Italeri Stirling Box Art.jpg (75.5 KiB) Viewed 6105 times
Stirling Project
Group Captain
Group Captain

Re: New Stirling kitset

Post by Stirling Project »

Hi Wayne

Italeri have had a Mk I/III planned for about a year, but this recent posting on a Mk IV is new. They're notorious for releasing kits slowly (or never in the case of their Jaguar and Canberra kits), but a recent post on Britmodeller has alluded that the Mk IV will be available in time for this years D-Day commemorations. We can but hope :roll:

John L
jamesinnewcastle
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by jamesinnewcastle »

Hmmmmm

Did they go back to the old SBA dipole under the belly for that Mark?

James
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Post by K4KittyCrew »

Stirling Project wrote:Hi Wayne

Italeri have had a Mk I/III planned for about a year, but this recent posting on a Mk IV is new. They're notorious for releasing kits slowly (or never in the case of their Jaguar and Canberra kits), but a recent post on Britmodeller has alluded that the Mk IV will be available in time for this years D-Day commemorations. We can but hope :roll:

John L
Gents, when it comes to the Short Stirling, any news is good news ................. many thanks for posting it.

Can I ask is it 1:72, 1:48 or in my dreams ........ 1:32 scale, perhaps?????????
Cheers,
John
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"
Stirling Project
Group Captain
Group Captain

sorry to disappoint you John but it's 1/72. unlike you Antipodean modellers, us europeans live in shoe boxes LOL

John L
Stirling Project
Group Captain
Group Captain

jamesinnewcastle wrote:Hmmmmm

Did they go back to the old SBA dipole under the belly for that Mark?

James
Hi James,

Bearing mind that some Mk IVs started off as mk IIIs I wouldn't be surprised if they kept the towel rack aerial. i think you'd have to look at the aircraft you building to be sure.

John
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Post by K4KittyCrew »

Stirling Project wrote:sorry to disappoint you John but it's 1/72. unlike you Antipodean modellers, us europeans live in shoe boxes LOL

John L
Looks like a trip to 'specsavers' is in order before one considers modelling that scale.
Truth is, I do struggle with that scale nowadays and find 1:48 a bit easier to work with. The joys of being a 'Babyboomer' !
Surely the model makers realise us 'boomers' are getting older and they should be doing everything to assist us in buying their products, that is of course unless they are made by Sanger.
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"