Looking for family members of flight crew

This is the Forum of Squadrons, Crews and Aircraft of Bomber Command & Related Luftwaffe personnel and aircraft.
IWALKER
Sergeant
Sergeant

Looking for family members of flight crew

Post by IWALKER »

Hello, as I've written in one other topic, my name is Iain Walker and I currently reside in New York. My grandfather, Denis Lloyd, RAF No. 947277, POW No. 23610, served in 7 Squadron and was shot down on a run to Karlsruhe on August 25, 1941. The link below pertains to his last mission and crew. He was the sole survivor and he passed away in 2006 at age 91.

I am looking for any information out there regarding his crew members that did not survive the crash. Although my Grandfather passed down to us the most amazing diary, little to no information was referenced regarding his crew members, and I am eager to see if anyone might be out there from their respective families. The information I have gathered from my grandfather is information they might be interested in.

I have a document dated August 23, 1966 from the Commonwealth War Graves Commission which more comprehensively identifies his crew members as the following:

1. R/61302 Sgt. (W.Op/Air Gnr.) William Everitt Allan (RCAF)
2. 87343 Flying Officer (Pilot) Kenneth Oswald Blunden (RAF)
3. 46121 Pilot Offr. (Air Gnr.) Edgar Frederick Drew (RAF)
4. R/63542 Sgt (Air Obs.) John Duncan Edworthy (RCAF)
5. 529189 Sgt. George Nicolson (RAF)
6. 65591 Pilot Offr. (Pilot) John David Wright (RAF)

I am aware that Mr. Allan and Edworthy were Canadians, and my mother seems to think that Mr. Wright might have been Irish.

If anyone has any recommendations, and/or if anyone from their respective families by chance comes across this information, please contact me.

Best regards and thanks in advance for any insight or information provided,

Iain Walker

http://lostaircraft.com/database.php?la ... try&e=2901
UncleBilly
Leading Aircraftman
Leading Aircraftman

Re: Looking for family members of flight crew

Post by UncleBilly »

Good Morning Mr. Walker:

My name is Margo (Margaret) Biggs and my Uncle was William E. Allan - W.Op/Air Gnr. RCAF Id R/61302.
Uncle Billy was killed in the crash which your Grandfather survived. Flight Crew of 7 Squadron
on a run to Karlsruhe on Aug. 25, 1941. Sterling 6020.

My Uncle was Canadian. He was born August 2, 1917 in Kerrobert, Saskatchewan. He was the
second child but the first son of 5 children born to Frederick and Margaret Allan. My mother was
the youngest child.

I am in possession of Uncle Billy's flight log book. I would like to share any information about
the crash and, or pictures your grandfather may have mentioned in his diary.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Margo Biggs
IWALKER
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Looking for family members of flight crew

Post by IWALKER »

Hi Margo,

I am sorry for the very late reply. I only just saw this message which was relayed to me from a friend in the U.K. I am very excited to have received this message to say the least.

We should definitely chat in the near future. My private e-mail address is STONERLAKE@GMAIL.COM. Can you kindly send me a message when convenient so we can share more contact information?

Best wishes,

Iain Walker