RIP Robin Gibb

This Section is dedicated to our Veterans of all the Branches of the Armed Forces whose death have been recently recorded.
'Lest we forget'.
Nocturna mors
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

RIP Robin Gibb

Post by Nocturna mors »

I would like to send our condolences to the family & friends of Robin Gibb. His efforts in righting the injustices done to BC and its aircrew post war, has earned him the deep respect of us all i am sure.

Rest in peace
"Rule Britannia two tanners make a bob,three make eighten pence and four two bob"!
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Re: RIP Robin Gibb

Post by K4KittyCrew »

Here here, Tom. Like us, Robin had the utmost respect for the gents in Bomber Command.
Regards,
John
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"
smudgersmith218
3 Group Researcher

Re: RIP Robin Gibb

Post by smudgersmith218 »

Gents,

Robin did a tremendous amount of work and was at one time the chairman of the Heritage Foundation. He was an ardent supporter of the Bomber Command Association and his high profile campaigning went a long way to help to find the funding for the Bomber Command Memorial. Not only did he touch peoples lives with his music he left a legacy with his tireless work for the memorial that his family can be justly proud. RIP

Quote from Robin from the Telegraph :

“It’s just something I feel strongly about. I wasn’t even alive when these guys did what they did, but I know they deserve a monument to their sacrifice.”
No.218 (Gold Coast) Squadron 1918-1945
The Nomads