Messerschmitt Bf110E

The Modelling section is dedicated to members who wish to show their WW2 related aircraft & squadron field kits.
Tips & Advice is available, along with photos of models under construction and completed projects.
ME453
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

Messerschmitt Bf110E

Post by ME453 »

Not Bomber Command I know, but one of its deadliest adversaries - and the aircraft selected flown by the greatest of the Nachtjagd pilots, Heinz Schnaufer. I've already built his favourite later aircraft, Bf110G-4 coded G9+EF:

but I also wanted to do one of his earlier aircraft as he started on his illustrious career, so I'm doing G9+LN

based on the Wingtech Bf110D3:

More soon!
Max
www.ordinarycrew.co.uk
Dedicated to the crew of Lancaster ME453 467 squadron
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Re: Messerschmitt Bf110E

Post by K4KittyCrew »

Beautiful example 'young' Max. Looks like you still have it. I'd still be stuck trying to hold the radar pieces in place with a pair of tweezers.
John
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"
R5868
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

Post by R5868 »

So we are praying for wet weather so that Max will get out of the garden and do some modelling for a change. The top of his head was looking a bit red when I was talking to him on Skype the other day. So it might be an idea for him to get back to modelling before his brain boils.
Kerry
http://www.anzacsons.com
150 and 467/463 Squadrons
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Post by K4KittyCrew »

R5868 wrote:So we are praying for wet weather so that Max will get out of the garden and do some modelling for a change. The top of his head was looking a bit red when I was talking to him on Skype the other day. So it might be an idea for him to get back to modelling before his brain boils.
Kerry
Well said Kerry. Let's face it, with Max being in the 'old dart' there is a very good chance we'll see some more models, soon !
Kitty
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"
PAFG
Group Captain
Group Captain

Post by PAFG »

Crackin' stuff, Max - I guess the golf course has been a little to wet of late?! It does look a mean piece of machinery, purpose-built rather than merely pressed into a new role.
ME453
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

Post by ME453 »

Some progress shots of the Bf110E. I guess the cockpit is the place where most people start, and I'm no exception. The detail is impressive, enough for it to be effective but not too much. I found myself quite relieved that there isn't a lot of photoetch provided with the kit, just the seat belts. These are a few of the items from the cockpit area including a section of interior canopy framing to which I've already added the aerial junction box.

The cockpit floor with the rudder pedals in position and a few of the pilot's controls.

The area was painted then "weathered" to achieve the well-used look!

The engines are superb, though I'm adding a few missing fuel and air lines with lead wire of varying gauges!

More soon I hope.

Max
www.ordinarycrew.co.uk
Dedicated to the crew of Lancaster ME453 467 squadron