'Critical Past' - videos

PAFG
Group Captain
Group Captain

'Critical Past' - videos

Post by PAFG »

Someone pointed me to this website - a lot of material, but the descriptions are suspect, e.g. gun camera footage of a B24 being shot down is labelled 'Lancaster'. Lots of good stuff though.

This short clip includes a sobering close up of a Lancaster exploding over Cologne in March 1944 (or, as the American voice-over says 'a German scarecrow bomb demolishes a Lancaster'):

http://www.criticalpast.com/video/65675 ... ping-bombs

Richard
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Re: 'Critical Past' - videos

Post by K4KittyCrew »

Hi Richard,
Thanks for the post but I cannot seem to open it .............. have tried twice ........... could just be my computer / feed.
Cheers,
John
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"
AlanW
Air Commodore
Air Commodore

Post by AlanW »

I have seen this clip before, and i think it could have been from Pathe News, or even youtube, but not certain,but one thing i know was for certain, it was not Cologne. The most frustrating thing is, that i had all this in files on my pc, before i lost the lot earlier this year after a complete meltdown. I also know that it's recorded in one of my ORB's, because i researched a crew member (pilot) for his nephew. The person (pilot) in question, had related to his family, about a Lancaster that blew up in front of him on a daylight raid to ???? and had to take evasive action, i not only confirmed it via the crew's comments in the ORB, but also found the film Richard has posted, (but with an English dialogue) which was captioned as a daylight attack on ???? and therefore told the nephew that it was possibly the same incident.
I am now pulling what hair i have left, out, trying to remember the dammed name of the target, Aaaargh :cry:
There is no paralell in warfare, to such courage and determination in the face of danger, over so long a period. Such devotion, should never be forgotten.
PAFG
Group Captain
Group Captain

Post by PAFG »

Hi John,

Try the home page, hopefully that will work:

http://www.criticalpast.com/

Good luck!

Richard