467 Sqn 'Ton Up' Lanc

ME453
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

Re: 467 Sqn 'Ton Up' Lanc

Post by ME453 »

Very simple John - I always use my Photobucket account and not the Forum's system. You can create your own ac. by going to http://www.photobucket.com to download the free software. Once done, you press the "Download photos now" button, browse on your PC for the photo(s) you want and click "Open". The photos will be copied into your Photobucket account. When there, underneath each picture are four boxes with codes in each: choose the bottom one and select, it will automatically copy it. Then go to the Forum where you want the pic to go and paste the code - there you go, one whole photo.
It took David several years to learn how to do this childishly easy task John, but you'll do it in seconds. :lol:
Max
www.ordinarycrew.co.uk
Dedicated to the crew of Lancaster ME453 467 squadron
ME453
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

Post by ME453 »

R5868 wrote:I have the adjacent shot to John's opening picture as my desktop.
Is Bella still on the other computer? :?
Max
www.ordinarycrew.co.uk
Denonline
BC Veteran
BC Veteran

Post by Denonline »

Looking at the photo of the mid upper turret, the interrupter gear appears to be just visible.

I never used the mid upper in anger, always prefering to fly backwards :) and cannot
rremember it's workings. Can anybody edificate me as to how it worked, for example did it stop the firing or just deflect the guns away?. Note that I used the same cockney dictionary as the one used by Adam for the hard spelling word :) .

Dennis
halifax1
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Post by halifax1 »

Perhaps a little more clear illustration of the "interrupter gear" - I think that the guns remained firing but were deflected away thus from the vital parts?

This is a Lancaster mid - upper turret by the way.
R5868
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

Post by R5868 »

Yes Max, Bella is still there but it's Snoop that is pining for you.

Shows you still have your faculties for an old guy. It only took three posts for you to unmask me.

Kerry
http://www.anzacsons.com
150 and 467/463 Squadrons
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Post by K4KittyCrew »

Kerry had my hears pricked ................ hence my diplomatic return of comments in the 'welcome' post. I was certainly none the wiser but that still doesn't prove much, ha !
Just didn't want to see a 'newbie' picking on the grey army! ( cheeky )

David, what is that little protruding piece below the turret? ( small black shadow on the fuselage )
John
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"
gate1
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

Post by gate1 »

G'day Kerry, nice to see you join us. 'Halifax' is causing all the mayhem as usual!

Dennis - the fairing around the mid-upper (similar on later Stirlings and others) was shaped so that the two small wheels following it would direct the guns up and over the tailfins. Saying that, I've never heard of a Lancaster gunner ever shooting up his own tail, but there must have been a need for it, as it wasnt originally fitted on the early aircraft.

John, that small item under the turret was the place where one of the aerials for the Mk II IFF was attached (from there to the tailfin). Later the aerial configuration was changed. As this is PA474 I cant be certain if its the exact same thing, an original addition or something else.
ME453
Wing Commander
Wing Commander

Post by ME453 »

R5868 wrote:Yes Max, Bella is still there but it's Snoop that is pining for you.

Shows you still have your faculties for an old guy. It only took three posts for you to unmask me.

Kerry
For one who turned 60 last month, I hardly think you're able to call me "an old guy"!! It wasn't too difficult to work out it was you, especially since I'd seen S for Sugar as your desktop! Glad you're here my friend. ;)
Max
And give Snoop a cuddle from me!
www.ordinarycrew.co.uk
JOT
Leading Aircraftman
Leading Aircraftman

Post by JOT »

Hello
I am new and have registered because I came across the website and to a page which mentioned the Wadington photo albums on CD and I wanted to know more about this.
Currently I am building a 1:10 Lancaster and as we all like the aircraft and as parents are based in Nottinghamshire I thought initially that I would use a code that comprised all of our initials. Well it seems that it is only possible to ever include two so in the end I have decided to opt for my father's three initials JOT. This code led me to the 463 squadron and the pilot of that aircraft egoist name was also Tanner. I had hours to have it finished by his 80 th but I am a little behind in the project but I am due he will enjoy seeing it when it is finished.
So I wonder if someone would kindly enlighten me as to contents of the photo album and hoe one gets to see the contents. Also does anyone have images of JOT. I only have a small jpeg of its crash in France circa 1944.
Thanks in advance

Stuart
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Post by K4KittyCrew »

Hello Stuart and welcome to our friendly forum.
There is a wealth of information available on the forum, both in photos and data, not to mention members who are happen to answer questions.
You may want to have a chat with Max, (ME453) .......... both on aircraft details and modelling. He is very modest but you will see what great work he does, in the modelling section.
Cheers,
John
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"