Flight Sergeant James Albert Cannon - 90 Sqn ?

K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Flight Sergeant James Albert Cannon - 90 Sqn ?

Post by K4KittyCrew »

Hi folks, just wanted to ask if anyone has ORB's for a Flight Sergeant James Albert Cannon ................ believed to have flown in Stirling's, then Lancaster's with 90 Squadron.
I'm just trying to find some information for a friend whose father was a rear gunner soIf anyone has any detail, please PM me or post them here.
Cheers,
John
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"
AlanW
Air Commodore
Air Commodore

Re: Flight Sergeant James Albert Cannon - 90 Sqn ?

Post by AlanW »

Hi John,
I might be able to help out, if it's between 1937 and Dec 43.
There is no paralell in warfare, to such courage and determination in the face of danger, over so long a period. Such devotion, should never be forgotten.
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Post by K4KittyCrew »

Many thanks, Alan. I'm still trying to find out approximate dates.
Cheers,
John
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"
Paul Shrimpton
Leading Aircraftman
Leading Aircraftman

Post by Paul Shrimpton »

Hi all, apologies for resurrecting an old thread.

James Cannon was my grandfather, and - as so many - never spoke of his wartime work so it's a little patchy, but I'd love to find out more about what he did and when.

I do know that he was a rear gunner, and that he would have been in service pretty much throughout the war. He was born in 1920, so would have been 19 when hostilities broke out, and as I understand joined up immediately. He remained in service until the mid 1950s, and so served throughout.

My grandfather passed away in July 1997 in Hertfordshire.

His service number was 1289543 if that allows a better search of who he served with.

Any information that other members may have would be extremely helpful, and gratefully received.

Thanks!
Paul
AlanW
Air Commodore
Air Commodore

Post by AlanW »

Paul,
Just for starters, his service number shows him enlisting in May 1940 at either Uxbridge, Penarth or Gloucester. I do have the 90sqdn ORB from 1937 to Dec 43, and a few odd months in 44 so will have a look through it over the next couple of days.

Regards...Alan.
There is no paralell in warfare, to such courage and determination in the face of danger, over so long a period. Such devotion, should never be forgotten.
Paul Shrimpton
Leading Aircraftman
Leading Aircraftman

Post by Paul Shrimpton »

Thanks, Alan.

Uxbridge would fit as they lived in North London and my mother was born in Edgeware in '43.

Hope you find out more!

Paul
AlanW
Air Commodore
Air Commodore

Post by AlanW »

Can't find anything on him up to end of 1943 or in the odd months i have in 1944, so wondering if he was with the squadron later.