WAAF Scrapbook

AlanW
Air Commodore
Air Commodore

WAAF Scrapbook

Post by AlanW »

Part 2
There is no paralell in warfare, to such courage and determination in the face of danger, over so long a period. Such devotion, should never be forgotten.
smudgersmith218
3 Group Researcher

Re: WAAF Scrapbook

Post by smudgersmith218 »

Hi Allan,

Thanks for posting, great pictures.

A number of years ago ( 20 :( ) I was a member of the Bickley Branch of the Bomber Command Association. Amongst the many members was a former WAAF who I think from memory was called "Blakey" Battle . She served at Middleton St George with the Canadians. I remember one evening she brought to the monthly meeting six 5" thick volumns of photographs of all the crews operational at M St G when she was there ( 1944-1945 ), plus hundreds of target photographs.

It was a fasinating collection of photographs with all the crews names on the reverse of each picture. I do hope dear old "Blakey" is still amongst us and that the collection is in safe hands.

Thanks again for the post and jogging the old pickled brain :lol: :lol:

Smudger
No.218 (Gold Coast) Squadron 1918-1945
The Nomads
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Post by K4KittyCrew »

Alan, as Steve mentioned, they really are great pictures mate. To me, I have had the pleasure of being involved with a number of forums over the past 7 years and I must say ............ the photos that you and other members have posted of late, are nothing short of spectacular. They show so much emotion. Thank you very much.
John
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"
AlanW
Air Commodore
Air Commodore

Post by AlanW »

K4KittyCrew wrote:Alan, as Steve mentioned, they really are great pictures mate. To me, I have had the pleasure of being involved with a number of forums over the past 7 years and I must say ............ the photos that you and other members have posted of late, are nothing short of spectacular. They show so much emotion. Thank you very much.
John
The best thing about it is, that i would not have dreamed of doing this on a certain other site that i used to be a member of, there is a much friendlier atmosphere about this site.
There is no paralell in warfare, to such courage and determination in the face of danger, over so long a period. Such devotion, should never be forgotten.
smudgersmith218
3 Group Researcher

Post by smudgersmith218 »

AlanW wrote:
K4KittyCrew wrote:Alan, as Steve mentioned, they really are great pictures mate. To me, I have had the pleasure of being involved with a number of forums over the past 7 years and I must say ............ the photos that you and other members have posted of late, are nothing short of spectacular. They show so much emotion. Thank you very much.
John
The best thing about it is, that i would not have dreamed of doing this on a certain other site that i used to be a member of, there is a much friendlier atmosphere about this site.
Alan,

So right, as long as you don't mention Harris...............ONLY JOKING :D :D :D :D :D

All the best mate.

Steve
No.218 (Gold Coast) Squadron 1918-1945
The Nomads