Dennis Royston, Vice-President Stirling Aircraft Society

This Section is dedicated to our Veterans of all the Branches of the Armed Forces whose death have been recently recorded.
'Lest we forget'.
Bruno
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dennis Royston, Vice-President Stirling Aircraft Society

Post by Bruno »

It is with a great sadness that we have learned, by his son Derek, that our Vice-President Dennis Royston has left us last week. His wife Vera left us in December 2013.
Here is a link to a page written by Dennis that will unfortunartely have to be updated:
http://www.raf38group.org/stirlingtales
Our sincere condolences are going to his family.

Stirling Aircraft Society
Bruno LECAPLAIN, Webmaster.
www.raf38group.org
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Re: Dennis Royston, Vice-President Stirling Aircraft Society

Post by K4KittyCrew »

Many thanks, Bruno.
On behalf of all members and guests, please pass our condolences on to the family.
With regards,
John
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"
lancaster103
Leading Aircraftman
Leading Aircraftman

Re: Dennis Royston, Vice-President Stirling Aircraft Society

Post by lancaster103 »

This came as a shock to me. Also I didn't know that his wife Vera passed away last year in December. In September 1995 I have met Dennis and Vera for the first time as I guided him and his pilot George Oliver to the site where they have made a crashlanding on the 20th September 1944 just in front of the farmhouse belonging to the family Wintermans in the tiny Dutch Village Duizel in The Netherlands. In September 1995 we found lots of bits and pieces of his aircraft. In 1998 Dennis and Vera came back to visit us and stayed with us for a few days. Dennis received a flying aks from one of the Wintermans family which he kept for 60 years. Have had nice memories about Dennis and vera and share his memories of September 1944 with me. RIP Dennis and Vera

Regards,
Adrian