Flight Sergeant Robert Matthew Urwin. 7 Squadron

honeybee
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Flight Sergeant Robert Matthew Urwin. 7 Squadron

Post by honeybee »

Hi James
have revisited the Ryton website. It says he survived a crash in England but recovered well from his injuries. The crash at Waterbeach says the F/E was injured and nobody else. I know that Robert flew a mission 2 weeks later. I'm beginning to think he crashed twice, the second time in September and maybe that is the missing four months. Tomorrow I am getting a look at the 1942 book by Chorley, hopefully it'll be in there.
jamesinnewcastle
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by jamesinnewcastle »

Hi Paul

This is a good link with regard to the AM1180 form should you get to track down one that is relevant to your search.

http://www.rafcommands.com/forum/showth ... 211-F.1180

Have a look here too (a little way down) There are some forms etc. which I've not seen before, possibly general interest?

http://www.rafcommands.com/category/reference/

James
honeybee
Corporal
Corporal

Post by honeybee »

Hi
Sorry for returning to this but I have another question I hope someone can help me with. I believe Robert had an accident in which he was injured after his last op and before his crews next one. That gives a window of 13th Sept-2nd Oct 1942. I have the ORB's but they only list operations. Is there something similar for training flights? If so where can I get them. I bought the book on Stirlings that lists all the serials but found it wasn't totally complete, 2 serials missing were found on the internet after a short search, so it's possible the aircraft I'm looking for isn't listed in the book. I also downloaded all the Stirlings reported lost by 7 sqd and cross referenced them with the book, no joy there either. Any help appreciated.
Regards
Paul