Stirling Electrical Circuit Diagrams.

Ludford101
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Stirling Electrical Circuit Diagrams.

Post by Ludford101 »

Thought this might be of interest... have not scanned the whole doc yet and the larger diagrams I have are too big for a normal scanner... so just a flavour.
Cheers Gary
(Photos have been now been shopped thru Photobucket)
John
Motto :Mens agitat molem - 'Mind over matter'.

Welfare Secretary 101 Squadron Association
Bruno
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Stirling Electrical Circuit Diagrams.

Post by Bruno »

Hello Garry,

Welcome to the Forum and thanks very much for your contribution.
Best regards.

Bruno
Bruno LECAPLAIN, Webmaster.
www.raf38group.org
jamesinnewcastle
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by jamesinnewcastle »

Hi Gary

With the rarity of any Stirling drawings I would say that what you have is gold dust!

Have you scanned it all in yet? Will you make it all available to us?

What might not be realised is that the electrical diagrams you have will reveal a great deal about how the aircraft operated and a good deal about those small systems that no-one knows about.

For example - I am doing a 3D simulation of a Stirling landing but I want all the small details to be right, one such is the function and existence of the 'upward identification light' and the light on the tail which I think shows which way round the aircraft is (follow me light?)

I for one would love a copy and I imagine the Stirling Project have already asked.

James
Ludford101
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Ludford101 »

Just a note to say that is it possible not to photobucket any images that I post as I can not access them on my PC due to a blocking by my local education authority...
All the best Gary

jamesinnewcastle
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Hi Gary

You don't have to worry for me anymore as I have procured a copy of AP 1660 C & D which contains all of the electrical circuitry (and much more) for the Stirling Mk3 and 4.

Not to say that others might not want them of course. My version of AP 1660 was on disc so I hope you are going to hang onto your original manual!!

Best Regards
Jim Harris
Ludford101
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Ludford101 »

Thanks JIm.... but will still endeavour to scan in the docs and let you have a look... there maybe something not contained on the disc.
Cheers Gary

jamesinnewcastle
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Gary

That's cool - I assume that anyone will be able to view them? It would make a useful resource on here I guess.

Jim
Stirling Project
Group Captain
Group Captain

Post by Stirling Project »

jamesinnewcastle wrote:Gary

That's cool - I assume that anyone will be able to view them? It would make a useful resource on here I guess.

Jim
I'll say so 8-)

We've got the AP but that only gives in service info whereas manufacturing publications may have more in depth information such as routing diagrams etc

cheers

John
jamesinnewcastle
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Hi John

When you say you have the AP (and I note that I said pretty much the same thing) just how much of the AP do you have?

It seems that the AP is in many different sections, Vol I, II and III and of course the Pilots Notes.

I only have Vol I which is about 700 pages but I've never seen the other volumes anywhere, especially for the MKI which is my main interest.

I went to TNA recently and thought that I had found a copy but they only had Volume I sections 7-11 !! Still, something I suppose.

It would be nice to think that Gary had the physical routing drawings but I suspect that the word 'Maintenance' on the front page and the quite detailled routing guide on the circuits anyway might suggest otherwise.

James
Ludford101
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Ludford101 »

Not exactly sure what I have ... but will certainly make them available as a resource.... but is it possible not to photobucket them as I mentioned in a previous post due to my inability to view them ;)
All the best
Gary