crash stirling mkI Ef398 Roermond Netherlands

K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Re: crash stirling mkI Ef398 Roermond Netherlands

Post by K4KittyCrew »

Many thanks for making your post and sharing it with us, Ed.
Cheers,
John
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"
jamesinnewcastle
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by jamesinnewcastle »

Hi Ronny,

Welcome to the Forum and it's nice that you are thinking of the family of the crew members. My Uncle died in a Halifax just north of the Dutch coast while returning from his first mission, my Grandmother was always distraught that she never knew where his final resting place was, his body was never found.

On another note there are a few 're-constructors' of the Stirling that would really like to find out what Stirling parts are still around so that they can be measured in order to duplicate them. There are almost no original drawings left so you can imagine that even crash parts could be very useful. I wonder if you could put up some photos of the parts you have found, if they are large enough you might get enquiries about dimensions, especially from me!

James
jge77
Leading Aircraftman
Leading Aircraftman

Post by jge77 »

ronny39 wrote:The plaine is Crashed at Roermond Kapellerlaan, I found more peaces of the plane.
There is one place you can see that he exploded and there alot of parts tere.
Best Ronny, I'm very curious what and where you have found parts of the plane. Can you make this known? On location where the plane crashed is currently building and pavement present at the time. I have information that establishes that the Stirling MKL EF398 on the Kapellerlaan in Roermond at the height of the House numbers 171-181 is crashed. Greetings Joost
jge77
Leading Aircraftman
Leading Aircraftman

Post by jge77 »

jge77 wrote:
ronny39 wrote:The plaine is Crashed at Roermond Kapellerlaan, I found more peaces of the plane.
There is one place you can see that he exploded and there alot of parts tere.
Best Ronny, I'm very curious what and where you have found parts of the plane. Can you make this known? On location where the plane crashed is currently building and pavement present at the time. I have information that establishes that the Stirling MKL EF398 on the Kapellerlaan in Roermond at the height of the House numbers 171-181 is crashed. Greetings Joost