Welcome!

General announcements.
halifax1
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Re: Welcome!

Post by halifax1 »

R5868 wrote:Hi. A friend suggested I look at this site as I have a great interest in Bomber Command and 467/463 Squadrons in particular. I've looked through a lot of the posts and you seem like a decent enough bunch of blokes, but what's this between Halifax and ME453? They're like a couple of old women. I hope I can contribute something worthwhile to the forum.

R5868
ME453 will object to the word "old'. Young man, you must respect your elders please.
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Post by K4KittyCrew »

R5868 said .......
Hi. A friend suggested I look at this site as I have a great interest in Bomber Command and 467/463 Squadrons in particular. I've looked through a lot of the posts and you seem like a decent enough bunch of blokes, but what's this between Halifax and ME453? They're like a couple of old women. I hope I can contribute something worthwhile to the forum.
Hi R5868,

You'll have to excuse these two gentlemen, ( David & Max ) with over 3000 posts on Bomber Command forums, they / we have struck up a great friendship over a period of time ............ when you consider that many posts and the many hours of research its consumes, not to mention the seriousness of such topics it's good to be able to offer a bit of 'light banter' and the occasional 'dig at each other' between us.

We members have formed some great friendships ............. Max himself, flew halfway around the world to attend a Bomber Command Commemorative Ceremony here in Canberra, Australia. A number of us members met up with Max and we all enjoyed the opportunity to meet with many ex crew members and pay our respects.

We hope you too, enjoy the members topics and conversations, here on the forum.
Regards,
John
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"
Bruno
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bruno »

Dear members,

I express a warm welcome to our new members.
I'm sorry to be less present on the Forum these days but my computer is out of service!
I've found an other one but I'll can't do all the updates I want during a few days.
Best regards.

Bruno
Bruno LECAPLAIN, Webmaster.
www.raf38group.org
Ludford101
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Ludford101 »

I thought that this seemed an appropriate place to post a newbie comment... although like most other 'Late Arrivals' ... my trudge to the site has been via a number of the BC related forums (thanks to K Kitty ..John) and of course recognise a number of members and know that there will be lots of great sharing of info, thoughts and banter... I only hope tyat I can keep track of what has been posted and where... :?
I do have some Stirling bits and pieces to contribute and forgive me for being lax with names and dates but i did speak to a chap from the Strirling Society on the phone a while back about some technical drawings for the electrical wiring on Stirlings that I have and would try to get copied... if the gentleman is a forum member and wants to get in contact then please do ... I will endeavour to get copies made and post up on the site...
All the best Gary
Motto :Mens agitat molem - 'Mind over matter'.

Welfare Secretary 101 Squadron Association
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Post by K4KittyCrew »

Great to see you here, Gary. Sure the 'gang' feel the same way.
John
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"
gate1
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

Post by gate1 »

Certainly do! Nice to see you join us Gary!

Alex
ME739
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by ME739 »

A big Aussie G/day to all,

and a special Thanks to Bruno for hosting the site and allowing us to "gather" here, well done Bruno.

Some here will already know me and others I hope to "meet" soon.

My Great Uncle flew out of East Kirkby in '44 and I have reconstructed his book/memoirs of his part in Bomber Command, which I have available as a PDF file should anyone be interested.

Cheers,

Neale
"There's No Future In It" by C.Wade Rodgers ex RAAF - 630 Sqn
17 OTU Silverstone, 1654 HCU Wigsley (Stirlings), 5 LFS Syerston
PAFG
Group Captain
Group Captain

Post by PAFG »

Hi Gary, Hi Neale, great to see you here!
Cheers,
Richard
Merlin
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by Merlin »

Hi all

following a welcome from John and Max I thought I should give you a brief summary of my interests in Bomber Command. My interest has grown following the loss of my father who died in 1985 after a long illness. Like most former aircrew he was very coy about discussing his wartime activities. My father was a signaller in the RAFVR and did two tours of duty.
After the war he joined BOAC (now BA) where he met Dennis Over. Dad and Dennis became very good friends. We lost touch with Dennis for some years but I was delighted to meet up with him again, after joining the LAF. I am also one of the privileged few who have tasted a cup of his excellent tea. (Rosie Lee)

I began researching dad's career with the RAF and have found my way around the National Archives (formerly the PRO) and was initially quite daunted by the mass of info there. Apart from my interest in BC I am also interested in Medals and awards to RAF and collect other pieces of memorabilia, relating to BC.

Thank you for accepting me into this forum and I shall look forward to hearing from you all

Merlin
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Post by K4KittyCrew »

Yes, again its good to have you here, Paul.
I am also one of the privileged few who have tasted a cup of his excellent tea. (Rosie Lee)
I hope Dennis gave you a NEW teabag! He is into recycling, you know.
John