Stirling Aircraft Project - Engineering help needed

General announcements.
tranacz5372
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Stirling Aircraft Project - Engineering help needed

Post by tranacz5372 »

hi could you update on where you are with your project and if you still require help
Stirling Project
Group Captain
Group Captain

Post by Stirling Project »

Hi There

Apologies, as I've only just noticed your post. An update to the project can be found on here at viewtopic.php?f=4&t=215&start=140

And yes we are still looking for people to assist if they can.

If you'd like to send me a PM with your email address on it we can discuss further

best regards

John
Stirling Project
Group Captain
Group Captain

We're in St Neots in Cambridgeshire although this doesn't prevent our members being far flung and still being able to contribute. :D

JL
bgizmo
Leading Aircraftman
Leading Aircraftman

Post by bgizmo »

Hi
New to the forum, but having read through this thread, I'll chuck my offer in. I am Course Leader of Product Design at a University in the UK. We have a number of CNC machines at our disposal. Because are need is model making, we don't do metals, though if you need milling of parts for casting we are able to cut using various densities of 'foams' - i put that in inverted commas as some of the denser foams are more like a hard wood than a foam. We also have a couple of Fused Deposition Model (FDM) machines that essentially print very thin layers of ABS to build up a 3D form - these tyes of machines are famed for their ability to make 'impossible shapes' - unmouldable undercuts etc. Now, I can't offer the access to these machines for free, but I am sure within sensible requests we might be able to look at a 'cost' approach for some stuff if you need it.

cheers

Simon

oh - mail me at infoAT75nzsquadronDOTcom if you want to know anything
Stirling Project
Group Captain
Group Captain

Hi Simon

Many thanks for your offer of help. I've emailed you (and PM'd) so that you now have my contact details and we'll be in touch soon

best regards

John
Davenport7
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Davenport7 »

John,

Its Ian,

Just a gentle reminder that I have some relics from the two Stirling crash sites that I have liaised with Rene Karrassek over. Obviously one being my grandfathers N6022 Stirling I. Let me know as I have the Fire Extinquisher button cover to donate. I hope you are well and you have my number so give me a call im about most evenings.

Ian Davenport
Stirling Project
Group Captain
Group Captain

Hi Ian

Just picked this up. I'm on holiday for the next week so will be away from home. We're still between workshops :( so unfortunately there won't be a lot to see, be assured though that I'll be back in touch once we know where we're going

cheers

John