LK115

This is the Forum of Squadrons, Crews and Aircraft of Bomber Command & Related Luftwaffe personnel and aircraft.
GK38
Leading Aircraftman
Leading Aircraftman

LK115

Post by GK38 »

Hi All, really new to the forum but my interest arises from my friends father F/Sgt Alan Thompson who was the Bomb Aimer on LK115 when it was shot down over Arnhem 21st Sept 1944.

A couple of questions if anyone can help with:

I have traced some of Alan's time as a POW to Stalag 3A just south or Berlin where he is shown on the nominal role between Jan & June 1945. There is no indication of what happened to the rest of the crew and I have been unable to find anything between Sept 44 and then. Unfortunately the two Air Dispatchers from the RASC were lost. It is believed that he and the rest of the RAF crew were taken eventually to Stalag Luft 3 but then marched to Stalag 3A ahead of the advancing Red Army. Does any one have any information on what might have happened to the crew or any useful reference points I might look up?

I would also like to establish what Command 295 Squadron sat under during the build up to D-Day and through to Arnhem Market Garden.

Thanks in anticipation.

Gus