Challenges

This is the Forum of Squadrons, Crews and Aircraft of Bomber Command & Related Luftwaffe personnel and aircraft.
Bruno
Site Admin
Site Admin

Challenges

Post by Bruno »

Hello,

As the challenges are a great success, we've decided to create a dedicated section on the Forum.
All the challenges have been moved to the new section.
Best regards.
;)

Bruno
Bruno LECAPLAIN, Webmaster.
www.raf38group.org
gate1
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

Re: Challenges

Post by gate1 »

Thanks for that Bruno. I had thought about it myself, as, enjoyable though they are (at least when I win! :D ) the forum was looking more like a competition page!

Alex
smudgersmith218
3 Group Researcher

Post by smudgersmith218 »

Bruno,

Can only agree with Alex, good more.

Steve
No.218 (Gold Coast) Squadron 1918-1945
The Nomads
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Post by K4KittyCrew »

I'm glad members like the challenges. Whether your a novice or an expert, it is all a learning curve, coupled with a bit of fun and it helps to keep the forum board ticking over.
A stale / non active board is the last thing anyone would want.
John
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"
gate1
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

Post by gate1 »

Exactly, it might end up getting shut down :D Its a great site, I mean, none of the mods have banned me yet!
R5868
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

Post by R5868 »

Although I rarely am able to post a serious reply to the challenges, I thoroughly enjoy following the thread and thought processes that people use to solve them. I'm learning a lot and isn't that a major purpose of the forum.
Kerry
http://www.anzacsons.com
150 and 467/463 Squadrons
Upkeep
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

Post by Upkeep »

Agree with all that has been said above. Apart from the fun aspect and the friendly (?) spirit of competition, I've learned a helluva lot more about BC doing these than I would have done from simple browsing/reading.
PAFG
Group Captain
Group Captain

Post by PAFG »

Good move!

Richard
R5868
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

Post by R5868 »

Slightly skewing this thread, but in thinking about the challenges it made me contemplate this forum in general.

While, in general, most posts are on topic, at times threads meander onto less relevant issues of a more personal nature or develop on a completely different tangent.

On the first aspect, I feel that this gives us a chance to glimpse the real person behind the name. It makes "talking" to them more real or, more importantly, more human. People from all over the world, with a common interest, can become friends. Even though I only met a few of the members, I feel as though I know many more and, through their meanderings, can ask them questions that would not have arisen if we stayed strictly to the context of the thread.

Secondly, the only problem I have with evolution of threads is trying to find where something was said at a later date. If a thread does evolve into something relevant, could a Moderator make a decision to continue the discussion in a new thread. With a suitable linking post.

Although I not a Stirling character, I do find this forum highly informative and enjoyable and thankyou to Max for pointing it out.

Kerry

ps After that, Bruno and John, I think it's your shout.
Last edited by R5868 on Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.anzacsons.com
150 and 467/463 Squadrons
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Post by K4KittyCrew »

Kerry said ........
Secondly, the only problem I have with evolution of threads is trying to find where something was said at a later date. If a thread does evolve into something relevant, could a Moderator make a decision to continue the discussion in a new thread. With a suitable linking post.
Really appreciate your comments Kerry. Yes, a 'mod' can at any time and or if requested, can start a new thread.

If you are trying to find a certain comment from a certain thread, you can, I think, type into the search box at the top right hand side of that forum board ........... and do a search .......... it should bring up that 'post'.
John
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"