New Italeri Stirling!

The Modelling section is dedicated to members who wish to show their WW2 related aircraft & squadron field kits.
Tips & Advice is available, along with photos of models under construction and completed projects.
Nocturna mors
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

New Italeri Stirling!

Post by Nocturna mors »

Featured in the Tamiya mag on FB

http://www.facebook.com/groups/tamiyamo ... 5295019821

Looks to have 15 sqn code letters LS F

Thanks to RJP over on the LAF for the tip off ;)

Tom
"Rule Britannia two tanners make a bob,three make eighten pence and four two bob"!
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Re: New Italeri Stirling!

Post by K4KittyCrew »

Not on facebook, Tom. Any other way to get the images?
Cheers,
John
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"
Dave_Richardson
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Post by Dave_Richardson »

There you go John. There are some sceptics in the modelling fraternity who doubt if we'll see this in 2013?

K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Post by K4KittyCrew »

Thanks, Dave. What a real shame it is only 1:72 scale. Someone really does need to address the misery of the 1:48 scale Sanger version.
John
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"
Nocturna mors
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant

Post by Nocturna mors »

Thanks for the pic Dave.

Looks good...in the advert :) ...window de-icer storks, portholes forward of the cockpit, accurate looking pitot head(s). Mid upper fairing looks a bit suspect though?

Hopefully, the panel lines are more accurate than the airfix kit. Does anybody know how many versions of the Stirling will be in the Italeri offering?...more importantly, how much! :P

fingers crossed!

Tom
"Rule Britannia two tanners make a bob,three make eighten pence and four two bob"!
Stirling Project
Group Captain
Group Captain

Post by Stirling Project »

Chaps

As reported in Britmodeller, some pics have been released of the new Italeri Mk IV Stirling, looks very nice :D

https://www.facebook.com/ItaleriModelKi ... 8272315796

John L
Stirling Project
Group Captain
Group Captain

Post by Stirling Project »

Here's an update with sprue shots of the Mk IV. The panel lines look a bit OTT for my taste, but who cares it's a state of the art Stirling :D

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/inde ... eri/page-5

John L
GuyMassey
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

Post by GuyMassey »

Just ordered my Italeri Stirling MkIV... No idea when I will get time to make it, but it should be arriving today! My otherAirfix Stirling conversion stalled when I was caring for my wife before she passed away last year. Plenty of time coming up during the long winter evenings ahead, so come Spring I should have two MkIV's gracing my workshop! :D :D :D
"The purpose of life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave with a well-preserved body, but rather to Slide in Sideways, completely used up, yelling and screaming, what a ride!" anon.
GuyMassey
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

Post by GuyMassey »

Ok, so it didn't arrive until today! Yes the panel lines look to be too deep, but it does come with a nice etched brass detail sheet, and hey, it's a Mk IV.... AT LAST! Now, I have to be good and leave it on the shelf until I have finished the house. :-(
"The purpose of life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave with a well-preserved body, but rather to Slide in Sideways, completely used up, yelling and screaming, what a ride!" anon.