New 630 squadron book

This Section is dedicated to all the Books and DVD's about Bomber Command & related subjects (Personal opinions are not necessarily those of the Stirling Aircraft Society).
wayne
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

New 630 squadron book

Post by wayne »

I have just seen this mentioned on another forum and as some of our members are interestd in 630 squadron I thought I would post it here.

"Over 263 pages, the Sqn Operational Record Books have been analyzed mission by mission and day by day. Personal accounts and histories, anecdotes and pictures of both sides have been woven along a timeline stretching from 15 October 1943 to 18 July 1945. It contains a brief look at what happened after VE-Day including a list of awards and honors. Interesting data can also be found in a Sqn casualty list, aircraft operations list and Sqn aircraft list.

http://www.morgana-edition.com/morgana- ... _Luck.html

I have no idea whether it is any good, just passing on the details :)

Cheers.
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Re: New 630 squadron book

Post by K4KittyCrew »

Hi Wayne and thanks for the heads up on the book.

The author 'Didier' is known on here and if my memory serves me correct, was an active member on the LAF. I remeber him saying he was doing a book and was looking for some details and such.
I think I've only chatted online with him once or twice, has have a number of the members.
Cheers,
John
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"