All info very much greatfully receved

This is the Forum of Squadrons, Crews and Aircraft of Bomber Command & Related Luftwaffe personnel and aircraft.
jjb
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: All info very much greatfully receved

Post by jjb »

Hi John very interested my friend and thank you ever so much to you and others any and all info gathered is very much welcome i will never give up looking for info as long as my mother keeps asking me bless her
jjb
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by jjb »

It is a shame i can't find a photo of Phillip the last photo my mother had of him that i can remember was him just getting on Taffy Powells plane as Taffy is related to my mother too
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Post by K4KittyCrew »

jjb wrote:It is a shame i can't find a photo of Phillip the last photo my mother had of him that i can remember was him just getting on Taffy Powells plane as Taffy is related to my mother too
I found this link on 'Taffy' Powell ................... could it be the same gentleman? First image ( far right) and then scroll down for a selection of photos of him and crew, etc
https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=i&rct= ... 6086667663
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"
jjb
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by jjb »

Taffy Powell we still have lots of photos of Taffy he is my mothers cousin and he flew chirchhill around a bit his book the ferryman is a good read
Its Phillip Cycil John Brain we need all info on and you are all so kind in helping me i have today given my mother the latest info and her face lights up as she said i new he would always be rememberd
I am hopping that one day i would have a piece of his plane and get copys of his badges he would of worn im a long way of that yet
Stirling Project
Group Captain
Group Captain

Post by Stirling Project »

jjb wrote:Hi John very interested my friend and thank you ever so much to you and others any and all info gathered is very much welcome i will never give up looking for info as long as my mother keeps asking me bless her
Can you PM me your email address and I'll get a softcopy to you as soon as possible

John
jjb
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by jjb »

I have sent you my email John
jjb
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by jjb »

Thank you all for your help would anyone no what badges Phillip would have worn on his uniform pics if poss as there is a weekly flea market here and there is always RAF badges for sale
jjb
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by jjb »

Davenport7 wrote:jjb,

I have forwarded your post to a crash site recovery contact I have who located my grandfather Les Davenport s Bomber crash site in Recklinghausen.

My grandfather was also in 7 squadron Stirlings but was a POW in Sept 1941 so would not have known the above crew.

I will keep digging for you.

I do have a vast number of pictures of 7sqn so will hunt for you.

Regards

Ian
Any luck with this Ian
Davenport7
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Davenport7 »

JJB,

I have emailed today as been so busy I did PM him on the site but believe he has not seen it, he is on here (Karacho).

I have sent him an email and I will update you when I have anything to pass on.

Regards

Ian Davenport

7 Squadron enthusiast, N6046 & N6022 Stirlings 1941
Davenport7

Post by Davenport7 »

JJB,

My contact is very busy at present on another project and he lives over 130km away from where the Stirling went down.

What might be advantageous is to go to the place in Germany and ask about the local area and visit the crash site, take pictures etc.

What I did was get in touch with the Stadt Archive in Recklinghausen, where my grandfathers bomber came down. Also I contacted the local paper and they put an article in the local paper appealing for witnesses, this was in 2009, I had 5 responses.

Those responses have led me to the exact crash site!!

I am off to Germany in July to visit the spot take pictures, meet an eyewitness, the local paper and camera crew are going to do a piece on it.

Its amazing but dont give up you will be surprised what you will find out.

Regards

Ian