All info very much greatfully receved

This is the Forum of Squadrons, Crews and Aircraft of Bomber Command & Related Luftwaffe personnel and aircraft.
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Re: All info very much greatfully receved

Post by K4KittyCrew »

Totally agree, Ian.
There have been many cases like yours where everyone gets together, after years of wondering if such information, people, can be found.
It doesn't always work out but there have been so many situations where they have ................ as the old saying goes, "you might not know where to start looking but you just have to start."

Thank you Ian for your assistance and good luck to you all.

John
K for Kitty Crew - Winthorpe, 1661 HCU's - stirlingaircraftsoc.raf38group.org/
630 Squadron - East Kirkby
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"
jjb
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by jjb »

Thank you all so much so i have not replied sooner but i have been away you are all so kind i will never give up gathering info and i will one day go to the crash site
when i have the full details of were he went down never no may even find a bit of the plane i have had someone in my local flea market said he may have photos of what badges phillip may have worn so i will be able to try and buy copys of his badges
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Post by K4KittyCrew »

Here are what may be stated as the 'standard issue' of medals to bomber crews.
Also listed is a medal of original issue. All medals re-issued do not have such marking that I'm aware of. Other members may wish to add their comments and thoughts on this.
*Amendment - Medal issued at later dates do not have service number and markings on them ................. ( thanks member, Guy )
Cheers,
John
" There is nothing glorious about war with the exception of those who served us so valiantly"
GuyMassey
Flying Officer
Flying Officer

Post by GuyMassey »

John, this is probably true for those servicemen who claimed their medals shortly after the war. However like so many my father didn't bother until he had grown children in the 60's. The medals that he received from the MOD were NOT engraved.
"The purpose of life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave with a well-preserved body, but rather to Slide in Sideways, completely used up, yelling and screaming, what a ride!" anon.
K4KittyCrew
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)
Air Chief Marshal (RAAF)

Post by K4KittyCrew »

Hello Guy,

Yes fair enough, I'll go back and make the amendment.
Cheers,
John
jjb
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by jjb »

Hello Every one sorry i have not been around my father was taken ill and ive been staying with my mother im back on line now and back hunting for info my friends
ive been on a book buying moment and bought stirling wings, No7 bomber squadron in world war ll, and the story of a stirling bomber and its crew Im looking forward to reading them ive also found the medals that 4KittyCrew said Phillip may of had i found them on ebay so will be bidding on them ive even bought myself a airfix model of a stirling to build
im going to try and find all the photos i can of 7 squadron 1941 1942 if i find any that i dont see on here i will upload them best i can
jjb
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by jjb »

getting hard to find a photo of the stirling my uncle was in MG-F 9154 i searched and searched there has to be one somewhere i wont give up
all i can find up to now is a print
Attachments
FBE6A606_5056_A318_A8AE6D4407B5025A.gif
FBE6A606_5056_A318_A8AE6D4407B5025A.gif (11.46 KiB) Viewed 3878 times